Issue with custom tiles

I have an issue occuring under Android that is not happening within the simulator. I am using the standard template but have done some customizations to the tiles. When THR first starts the labels for the tiles do not show in the home group. They show fine in the individual tabs. Once you view them in the individual tabs they show properly in the home group. This stays the same until THR is shutdown and then the same behavior occurs.

Screenshots

You will have to examine your layout. Check the heights & widths assigned to the labels. Check your HorizontalAlignment & VerticalAlignment properties. Check your Grid.Row & Grid.Column assignments.

Keep in mind that simulator is really just a Windows app designed to look like Android. There are sometimes inconsistencies. Windows can be more forgiving when it comes to problems with your XAML layouts. As you build, you will need to occasionally test on an actual device to verify.

Thanks Bill. I checked everything but couldn’t find anything wrong. I ended up switching off “IsEnabled” in the button settings and it worked! It doesn’t display accurately in the simulator but it did fix the issue on the actual device and all the tiles work as expected.

1 Like