Itach Flex vs IP2SL

I have been dealing with RS232 control of my Projector. The projector has a IP2SL connected to it. I found the Runco Projector plugin. I modified the plugin with known working RS232 codes for PowerOn/PowerOff. I successfully turned the projector on/off.

So I decided to attempt my Denon Receiver. I know there is IP control built in but it is my experience that the Denon IP control seems flaky at best. So I have a Itach Flex attached to the Denon X5200W. I confirmed the RS232 commands successfully turn on/off the receiver via Global Cache Itest. So I conducted the same procedure as I did for my projector. The receiver does not turn on/off using this procedure.

Possible Issues:

1. It is an AVR vs a projector
  2. Itach Flex vs an IP2SL

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong. As you can tell by this post I do not write plugins nor do I know and understand how to.

Thanks
Bill

You can use the Denon plugin. When you import the plugin, give it the IP address of your IP2SL & not the actual receiver.

That worked great! I have a couple questions:

1. It Offers me to change the input names. The X5200w maps it this way (according to the back of the receiver:
    HDMI1= CBL/SAT
    HDMI2=DVD
    etc etc
    The plugin Offers these options
    //What the display name should be
    “Input1_CommonName” : ‘TV’,
    //What HomeRemote calls this input
    “Input1_HomeRemoteID” : ‘RokuTV’,
    //What the Denon calls this input
    “Input1_DeviceID” : ‘TV Audio’,
    //The Denon ‘protocol’ name for this input
    “Input1_DenonProtocolID” : ‘TV’,

So do I change the following option (when I first install the plugin)
“Input1_DenonProtocolID” : ‘TV’,
to
“Input1_DenonProtocolID” : ‘CBL/SAT’,

then the rest of the options are basically free text for example
“Input1_CommonName” : ‘Cable’,
//What HomeRemote calls this input
“Input1_HomeRemoteID” : ‘Cable’,

Next question:
Currently I use certain commands when I turn on/off my theater. These commands relate to volume
When I start my theater I send this to the receiver MV70\x0D

When I turn off my theater I send this MV68\x0D

Is there a way to send a command to set a certain volume level?

Yes I believe you got it. To explain further for others who may come across this…

The CommonName is basically a display name - a name that is ‘more recognizable’, which can help with user-friendliness on the front end pages.

The HomeRemoteID is intended to be used to as to link to another device that is within Home Remote. So, in my case, I have a device in Home Remote that has an id of RokuTV.

The DeviceID is what the Denon actually calls the input, and it may differ than what the back of the receiver says if the input is renamed.

The DenonProtocolID is what is used to call the TCP command (“SI…”). It has no visibility on any of the front end pages, but it is important that this matches one of the possible commands for a Denon receiver (I believe CBL/SAT is actually SAT/CBL. There are a bunch of different source documents on the web for this that have slightly different values, but this one seems to be the most accurate).

It is unlikely most applications will use all 4 of these parameters, but I included them for future proofing. Of most importance is that the DenonProtocolID is correct - everything else is only helpful for display / user interaction with the pages.

If I understand your request correctly, the solution is to bind a value to the device’s Volume attribute. In my case, I have a slider that is bound to @Device.Volume. If you look in the plugin, you will see that the Volume attribute sends the “MV” command.

1 Like