Kodi 19.x (Matrix) breaks two of my buttons

I just noticed that in Kodi 19.x (using 19.4) my “next” audio/subtitle buttons no longer work. I guess they replaced the nextsubtitle json feature or they changed it to the point where I can’t figure it out. I tried it under Player and Input and neither seems to work. I went back and tested my old remote on a 18.x Kodi and it seems to work.

Anyone have a working json syntax or command that I can substitute my old button? I hate it when they break one single thing.

BTW, the official Kodi apps has it working in their remote window so I am hoping they are NOT trying to close the access to certain features.

Thanks.

Kodi Matrix went to JSON-RPC v12. If you locate the correct new command there, please post your findings to the Home Remote Kodi plugin page.

I saw the new versions and tested various possibilities,

5.10.18 - Player.SetSubtitle (I tried it but it did not work and Kodi forums says they actually EOL that one ages ago)

6.18.13 - Player.Subtitles (but I suspect that is for identifying them not setting them but will have to play with that one)

Does the new v12 still use the same syntax as the older ones:

{
    "method": "Player.SetSubtitle",
    "id": 1,
    "params": {
        "playerid": 1,
        "subtitle": "next"
    },
    "jsonrpc": "2.0"
}

OR

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.SetSubtitle","params":{ "playerid":1,"subtitle":"next"},"id":1}

I also need to test it without the “next” command as that one was also EOL with V10 or V8.

OK… I have found the proper syntax for the two buttons that were not working. Both next audio and subtitle tracks now work with the following syntax:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.SetAudioStream", "params": { "playerid": 1, "stream": "next"}, "id": 1}

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.SetSubtitle", "params": { "playerid": 1, "subtitle": "next"}, "id": 1}

But more importantly, I think I found that StatusPath needs to be set to “PlayerID” for “Player.xxxxxx” to work. None of my other buttons needed to have that enabled.

1 Like