Latest Yamaha Aventage Models Aren't Found By Home Remote

Based on feedback from other users, earlier Yamaha receivers such as the RX-A3080 are discovered by “Add Device Source” when right clicking on the Devices folder. I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-A6A and was looking forward to leveraging the IP capabilities. Understandably I was never able to do so with my old RX-Z11 receiver, as the “Add Device Source” for Yamaha was never able to find it. Imagine my confusion when attempting the “Add Device Source” for Yamaha once again was unable to find my new A6A receiver.

Is there something I’m missing here, or is IP support for the new Yamaha Aventage models something that needs to be added?

If works with either the Yamaha MusicCast or Yamaha AV Controller apps, then it should be compatible with Home Remote.

Have you tried adding them in the actual Home Remote apps? Don’t only try the Designer. Firewall or something else may be blocking discovery.

Works with MusicCast, but is not compatible with Yamaha AV Controller. I’m not sure what you mean by actual Home Remote Apps, versus the designer?? In regard to Firewall, my Windows 10 laptop recognizes the A6A when I open it in a browser for setup.

It should work then. Uninstall/reinstall the Home Remote app so it resets your data. Then click the “+” button in the top right corner of the app to add a new Yamaha device. Your HRP probably hasn’t been set up to use templating & dynamically add new devices.

Now I’m really confused. I use my Home Remote app to run the .hrp file that I created. It contains the TouchSquid emulator that I mention in my Showcase thread. It currently controls my new A6A using IR commands through my Global Cache. Everything is working as it should in that app.

My issue is with the designer. I was looking to explore IP control of the A6A to get feedback on some of the settings like volume. Unfortunately, I can’t get past first base because the designer “Add Device Source” doesn’t see my A6A.

I’m not saying this is a permanent solution. Temporarily, do the steps I gave you & just see if the apps are able to find the Yamaha devices. I am curious if your Android & iOS devices are able to find them. Then you can restore your original HRP. If that’s too much trouble, then don’t worry about it. We can try to find a different work around.

Before uninistalling my Home Remote app, I went to the Microsoft store. In order to reinstall, it looks like I would need to purchase a new copy??

I don’t know. You shouldn’t. They should track your purchases. If you are worried about that, try on iOS or Android. It’s probably better to try on one of those devices anyway. I’m not sure if testing on another Windows device is really going to help.

I loaded the default .hrp on the Windows HR app and hit + to try and add the A6A. Timed out without finding it. Same result on my Android. I loaded the default .hrp and hit +. Timed out without finding it.

So both the Windows app, the Android app and the designer can’t find the A6A. I can access the A6A directly through a Web Browser on both the Android and Windows platform, so it is available. Also musiccast on the Android platform can see it. The Yamaha AV Controller app specifically states the new Aventage models aren’t supported.

Try the attached project. Update the IP address in the URI to match your A6A receiver.

YamahaMusicCastBackup.hrp (1.2 KB)

We seem to be making progress and much appreciated.

Yes, that seemed to be able to power on and off my main zone (ROOM 1) and power on and off zone 2 (ROOM).

The command set looks to be limited to Musiccast type commands?? Where does that put me in terms of getting more access to the A6A receive commands?

I’m not sure what you mean by limited. It supports most commands you will need.

Many thanks for helping me get my A6A connected. While I’ve got the Global Cache IR angle covered, I obviously have a lot to learn about IP control. I look forward to the challenge!

How would I go about changing the scenes on my Yamaha Receiver (A3050)?

I’ve tried adding the “Scene” capability, but when trying to change the value, it says Room.scene is an invalid variable.