Linear GoControl Garage door opener issues

I did not have a chance to test using Both .Switch and .Contact. I did try .Contact on the Button with Open and Closed but got Toast error (400) as reported earlier in Thread. I Will try to capture raw sdata per your suggestion. I will need some time with it, my workday is picking up.

I filtered that raw data you messaged me to only include the info for the garage device (id=505). If you look at these files, they are identical. It appears they are not including the status. Iā€™m not sure why that is.

JSON_Open.txt (283 Bytes) JSON_Open.txt (283 Bytes)

Is there a command to pick up only device 505? Wlll try again.

Is it possible status is not part of short data?

Maybe. I donā€™t know what it is though.

Itā€™s possible. You can check the service files for that device. You should be able to find out by looking at those.

Bill I used the command

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml

I think this is long data. See attached and open with notepadd++. I highlighted the line difference I found between open and closedā€¦

505.txt (8.3 KB)

The Home Remote does not poll that endpoint. It polls sdata. Check the service files that device is using. I think you can update them.

Bill,

I resolved this by using a virtual switch on the vera hub. Basically, the virtual switch mirrors the status and activates the garage opener and vice versa. The virtual switch is supported in Home Remote so I just linked all the HR elements to that.

Thanks

I reviewed the difference & the open/close status is being sent through SwitchPower1 ā€œStatusā€. This is what Home Remote was originally using. It was looking at the shortcode which is ā€œstatusā€. Iā€™m probably going to undo that last change I made to look at the ā€œtrippedā€ variable & to again look at the ā€œstatusā€ shortcode.

If the ā€œstatusā€ shortcode doesnā€™t exist, then users can add a virtual switch like you are doing. Iā€™m still a little uncertain why itā€™s doing that. Iā€™m not sure why it is behaving differently than per say a light bulb that is also using SwitchPower1 ā€œStatusā€.

I am not sure either but I have some non dimable light switchs that went south as well when you switched to sdata. i also control those with virtual switches.No worries, they still work with the workaround.