LMS and Squeezelite

Has anyone tried to intergrate Logitech Media Server directly with The Home Remote? What about LMS through Homeseer - does that work ok?

My home has 6-zones served by a Russound CAV unit which is fed by a Windows PC with a 7-channel sound card. I am able to run 4 media players simultaneously from the PC with each instance able to play a unique source. I would really like to toss this PC.

I am testing LMS running on a NAS and Squeezelite on a Raspberry Pi which is working very well. But how to integrate with THR?

Cheers!

You might be able to use the Home Remote’s UPnP devices assuming they are compatible. Those should work if LMS supports UPnP/DLNA urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 & if Squeezelite supports UPnP urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1.

Try doing a search in the Home Remote Android & iOS apps to see if it finds your Squeezelite.

I think upnp will work with a LMS plugin but would that give me the ability to browse and search the library?

Is Plex an option?

That is the definition of the urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1. It’s sole purpose is to browse content. I don’t have Search filters built-in yet but you can definitely browse.

Plex is supported but you need to enable the DLNA setting. That is not turned on by default. I use Plex server & it works quite well. I was using that when testing the Chromecast integration a few weeks ago.

Direct LMS/Slimserver support would be great. There is a UPnP/DLNA plugin for LMS but only [pause] (once) and volume works within Home Remote.

Home Remote support for LMS should be possible via Logitech Hub and Lirc or triggerhappy but it’s complicated.