Lutron Hub and Scenes

I am in the process of updating my remote to work with my new theater and am using the same Lutron Smart Bridge Pro to control the lighting. The first time around, my THR integration was able to directly create and access scenes for the Lutron device. Now, however, the Lutron integration only gives Dimmer, Switch, and Keypad as the device types. How do I access/utilize the scene’s defined in the Smart Bridge?

I played around briefly with THR’s new Scenes feature, but couldn’t figure out how to link to the existing ones defined in the Smart Hub–at best, I think I could recreate them within THR instead. Is that the preferred way to do it?

You first need to download the Integration Report from Lutron. In the report, Scenes are typically Buttons. I believe they are of the same type as a Keypad.
https://groups.google.com/g/thehomeremote/c/BhqbBQ9FA9k/m/5qJ1oBR0AQAJ

If you have a Smart Bridge Pro, you should also be able to use the Caseta integration. That’s a little easier. The Home Remote will automatically pull in & generate objects for your devices & scenes.

Thanks, Bill! I had the integration report, but it was the connection between Scenes and Keypad that I was missing. That said, I will give the Caseta integration a try, as I’m always a fan of easier :slight_smile:

1 Like