Media Input Source questions... plus Samsung TV apps

Hi Everyone! I’m new to THR, but like what I see so far!

I see in the “Capabilities” doc that “Media Input Source” says possible values varies by device. Is there a document I just haven’t found yet that lists the possible strings by manufacturer? Specifically, I’m trying to figure this out for my Denon AVR-X3800h and Samsung QN90a TV.

Also, are there commands for the Samsung TV to trigger apps as well? Will that be under Media Input Source or something else? Especially looking for Netflix, Prime, HBO Max, Apple TV and Apple Music.

Thanks!

Hi there.

The source names for Denon should be those in their command reference. While this doc isn’t specific to the X3800H, in my experience common codes haven’t changed over the years.

Give this a shot: https://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AVR3312CI_AVR3312_PROTOCOL_V7.6.0.pdf

I don’t know if this will help you with the Samsung, but this is what a search turned up for me: RS-232 on Samsung TV's

Hi Ryan,

You can bind the device’s SupportedInputSources attribute to a label to see what values it is populated with. Similarly, while the apps are more likely to be controlled as an InputSource (if they can be directly launched at all), it might be worth binding SupportedMediaCommands to a label as well to see the options there.

Hope that helps!

HFN

1 Like

@hotelfoxtrotnovember – Unfortunately, there is not a SupportedInputSources attribute for Denon. I did bind the Media Commands and that was helpful, but I have not been able to figure out the Input Sources and even simply tried to guess some and none worked.

Sorry, Ryan, I didn’t realize that. I don’t have my Denon hooked up to my remote anymore (and when I did, I only used a single input) so I was just guessing.

You might check out this plugin, it seems to greatly expand the capabilities and do the input stuff nicely as well, at least from a quick skim. I never used it because I didn’t need anything fancy for mine, but it looks like it may do exactly what you want.

Good luck!

SupportedInputSources is not available for the Denon integration. I gave a short summary here over which ones provide that information & which ones don’t.