Missing devices from Vera controller

I seem to have some missing devices in the Home Remote designer from my Vera Plus controller.

I was looking for a new device called “Deck White” in the HR designer but its not there. Also some other devices are missing as well.

I right clicked the Vera in the HR designer and synced.

I have also checked the SDATA page of the Vera hub and the missing devices are listed in there OK.

So not sure why they are not appearing in the HR designer.

I double checked the Vera connection settings in the HR designer and they look OK and I typed in my password again.

I am using version 4.5.0.0 of the designer.

The devices in question that I have noticed as being missing are child devices of a Fibaro RGBW module.

I reloaded the LUUP engine on the Vera Plus hub and also rebooted it but when syncing in HR designer the missing devices are not loaded. Even though I can see them listed in the SDATA output stream coming from the Vera hub.

Is there a device / scene number limit I wonder in HR designer ? As I have a lot of devices and scenes on my Vera hub.

Thanks.

I just added a new switch device on my Vera hub via the Ping & WOL plugin and that new device has appeared in to the Home Remote designer OK no problem after syncing.

So maybe its just some issue with that Fibaro RGBW module and its child devices. I pressed the reconfigure button on the parent device and I think it deleted the child devices and then recreated them with new device ID for some reason in Vera.

As a Vera user for many years, with 21 different Z-Wave devices, I can tell you that while it served me well, migrating to Home Assistant has taken my solution to another level.

So much easier to use, the range and response is much better, and the software is much better maintained by the community than Vera ever was. Plus it works well with HomeKit if you’ve bought into the Apple ecosystem.

If you have the means, it’s worth having a look (I implemented as a VM on my NAS with a Zigbee/Z-Wave USB stick).

I’ve never used Home Assistant I should probably try it one day !

My Vera hub is pretty much just a Z-Wave radio for my devices.

I use the Home Remote as my dashboard and I am using Multi System Reactor (MSR) as my rules logic engine.

Pretty happy with this current setup overall at the moment.

As Home Remote doesn’t support the new Ezlo hubs which are replacing the Vera ones, I maybe forced to switch to Home Assistant at some point in the future.

Home Remote supports Home Assistant as does MSR.