My very first page some questions

You could use a plugin to create a virtual Device object for it & assign your new page as the DetailsTemplate for the Device. Then you can add it to your groups just like any other actual device.

Like this ?

I see this in the emulator

Thanks

Correct. You may need to choose a TileTemplate too. You can choose many of the existing. A lot of them are generic that will work for almost any device. “AccelerationSensorTile.xaml” will work for your purposes. That way you can see the DisplayName & Icon. You could also copy-paste that file to create a new one if you want to customize it a bit.

I see it now shows a Tile that when I press it then takes my to this new “List View” page.

So I guess its not possible to just show the page without having to click on that tile first.

Not with the auto generated “Groups” pages. You could create a TabbedPage & add ListView1.xaml as a Tab.

You do not have to use those auto generated “Group” pages. That feature can be disabled in MainPage.xaml. Here’s an example I posted in the old Google Group. This will kind of walk you through that process.
https://groups.google.com/g/thehomeremote/c/iepPK7nhnzc/m/8kFlHyMEBwAJ

Yes I realised that, but all my pages which are many, I’ve used the Group pages, as its just the easiest way for newbie’s to get a functioning dashboard app up and running.

Unless I had the skills to create something like John’s dashboard which I haven’t, I think I’ll be sticking to mainly using the Group pages for some time to come yet.

Thanks again, I can live with a Tile for now.

In fact I posted a video on Youtube of what I had manage to get setup so far.

1 Like

Look at that example I shared. Most of these pages you create will only exist of 1 control, the DeviceBrowser.

https://groups.google.com/g/thehomeremote/c/iepPK7nhnzc/m/8kFlHyMEBwAJ

Thanks for sharing this video! Wow, you do have quite a few groups. You would have to create quite a few of these custom pages. Although those pages would be simple, it’d still be a lot of pages you don’t currently need. Yeah, I don’t really have a simple solution for you right now. The current Groups page generation is restricted to those tile/detail DeviceBrowser layouts.

That Kodi demo was pretty cool!

So are those RTSP streams working for you now? Or were those JPEG / MJPEG in the video?

RTSP was still kind of a work in progress when you reported this issue in the forum. There have been quite a few changes to that since. If you want, maybe give them another try. Not that 1 is really better than the other. I was just curious what you are currently using.

No I gave up on the Rtsp streams as the previews were bleeding over to other tiles and I had other issues with the detailed view showing the wrong feed possibly? I forget now.

I can test the Rtsp streams again at some point.

Those in the video are custom tiles with JPG previews and Mjpg detailed / full screen etc.

Did you spot the Baby Yoda easter egg on the camera haha.

That bleeding over is actually still an issue if you have 2 wide 16:9 tiles side-by-side. You are probably better off with JPEG/MJPEG. It’s easier & simpler, since no decoding is needed.

I did, LOL :joy:

The indoor cameras are just the Android tablets own onboard forward facing camera. I am using TinyCam Pro app on each tablet to server up a camera stream.

The outdoor cameras are professional Hikvision ones and the Doorbell is an Ezviz DB1.

The Ezviz DB1 has no JPG / MJPG streams only Rtsp. So running that through Blue Iris on my Windows server to then give me a JPG / MJPG stream.

Imperihome was meant to support Rtsp but I could never get it working with authentication so I was forced to use JPG / MJPG streams with Imperihome.

Bill

This is an old video, but of my Imperihome setup. It’s been updated a bit since then but give you idea what I’ve been using for years now.

1 Like

Attached is my “List View” page example .hrp file.List-View-Page-Example.hrp (266.3 KB)

Ful explaination on the Vera forum here:

1 Like