Newbie Questions

Hello! New to The Home Remote Designer! I have some few basic questions to help me get started

1. My goal was to split each group into a room and within those groups add sub-groups for each device type. The first group I wanted to have a sort of landing page that had a line of text, a clock, a device browser and a few device tiles that I access regularly. I was able to complete all of those but I was not able to add a device tile like they show up when you regularly add devices in the mobile app. Can you add existing devices to a user made pages? I see the ability to add buttons etc but no where to add a device and its’ pre configured template

2. What is the difference between a ‘Menu Item’ and a ‘Group’?

3. I have imported my mobile configuration into designer but when I click into those mobile configured groups I am not able to add any controls, is there anyway to change those groups or would I have to start from scratch in designer?

4. (Possible bug) I was adding some IP cameras and in the tile the previews were showing up but once I hit 10 cameras the tiles stopped showing the previews of the live stream. Is this expected behaviour?

Hi Pabla! I’d be happy to help you out, but would you mind creating a separate topic for each question?

Will do, mind deleting this topic once I’ve created each separate thread!

Edit: Wasn’t able to create more than 2 posts a day! I will wait to post the rest

Sounds good. I think I touched on item #3 in your 2nd question.