Newbie wants info about device binding

Hello

I’m hoping there is someone here that can help me get started. I’ve already seen most of the videos on YouTube about HomeRemote, but I still can’t figure out how to set the exact data /scene to the right button. Maybe I have other devices than most of the people here or maybe I also have other needs for my dashboard (like starting a radio station for example). I have devices that work with Tuya, SmartThings, Harmony, Google Cast, Alexa and Philips Hue (50 lights). Through the alexa routines I can control and use my TV lift, my Tado and other routines. I also have routines to play Belgian radio stations which I want to integrate in my dashboard. Everything works in the HomeRemote app, but I want the real icons for the radio stations, TV and so on. Therefore I made a grid myself in the designer app last week, but now I’m stuck… I have no experience or the knowledge on how to link the right device to each created button. I’m hoping someone here can help me out with a simple explanation on how to do this. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kristof_Nijs
I had the same issue in the begining. There are serval users been so kind sharing there .hrp files.
It startet make sense when i took a look a there bindings etc.
I found them in the section Showcase.
br Martin

If all you want to do is change some icons, here’s what you need to do:

1. Export a Backup in the Home Remote app. That will give you a working HRP that you can edit with the Designer.

2. Add your icons into the Images folder.

3. Assign the new icon files to the Device objects.

4. Uncheck the ShowAsMonochrome property for the IconElement in the LightTile.xaml file. The reason that defaults to being checked is that it enables image recoloring. I’m guessing that you most likely would like to see the images actually colors.