Program to start Vizio Smart TV

I am trying to program the start button to turn on my Vizio TV to use over the air TV reception and access the Smart TV applications. So far I can get the TV on and the sound playing through the AVR. The problem is the TV does not open to the TV’s Smart screen. On the remote this can be accomplished bypassing the home button. I can’t find a Home button description in the global cache commands,

App.SetDeviceAttribute(“VizioTV.MediaCommand”,“PowerOn”);

sleep(2000)

App.SetDeviceAttribute(“AVRHEX.MediaCommand”,“MainPowerOn”);

sleep(1000);

App.SetDeviceAttribute(“VizioTV.MediaCommand”,“InputTV”);

sleep(4000)

App.SetDeviceAttribute(“VizioTV.MediaCommand”,“AudioOff”);

sleep(2000)

App.SetDeviceAttribute(“VizioTV.MediaCommand”,“TV”);

sleep(2000)

App.SetDeviceAttribute(“AVRHEX.MediaCommand”,“InputTvAudio”);

sleep(2000);

App.GoToPage("SmartTV.xaml”);

I would appreciate any suggestions to make this work.

Hi,
I’m not sure which smart TV apps you are looking for - have you searched in the database at GlobalCache?
There is a IR code for TV internet apps

Kalle

Thank you. I have the Global Cache codes. I will try inserting “Internet Apps” in the script to see if it works.

I tried this it did not work.

I have a Visio PX65-G TV. I am try to set it up to turn on with audio playing through my AVR. I have gotten it to work except the change input to HDMI-1 doesn’t work. Does any one have experience with this and have suggestions on how to sequence the commands.

Thanks

Verifiy that the HDMI 1 code works using the global cache itest utility.

Great idea. I will try it in the morning. I have trying to get this script to work for two days.

Just add the code yourself. Use the GC iLearn program. Point your Vizio remote at the back of the GC, press the Home button, and it records the IR code. You can then add the IR code to your HR remote.

Thank you for your suggestions. I used iTest to test the codes until I found the ones that did what I wanted. I have everything working great.