Release 3.5.0.0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object - HomeSeer 4

Attempting to add HomeSeer device, either MyHS or local IP address gets “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. The device is created, but when I open in settings there are no devices listed for either. Clicking on the device refresh icon gets the same error.
Running HomeSeer 4.

Sounds like the connection is good & everything authenticated. It’s probably just an issue with synchronization of all your devices. Would you mind emailing me the JSON data returned from this request below? Update the URL with your IP & credentials.
http://192.168.1.201/JSON?user=YOUR_USER&pass=YOUR_PASSWORD&request=getstatus

For the time being, you can manually add your devices by copying & pasting device objects. Since you don’t have anything available to copy, I’ve attached a project you can use. Open a 2nd instance of the Designer & copy my device “HSTestDevice_101” out of my project & into yours. Then update the Id field with 1 of your HomeSeer reference #'s.

It shouldn’t take me too long to have an answer for why the device objects aren’t syncing for your controller. So if you have a bunch of devices, you can just wait until I’m finished inspecting the JSON.

HomeSeer_Test.hrp (93.1 KB)

Bill, any progress on this issue? I replied to your last email but not sure it went through.
Thanks,
Joe Guest Sr.

Sorry, I never got the email. Do want to try sending it again?

I’m having the same issue. Running Homeseer 3. Would it be OK to send you my JSON output?

Yeah, go ahead. Joe’s problem was that he had a device that had invalid “associated_devices”. There was a reference to a non-existent Id in that field. Once he deleted that device, everything was all good. I have fixed that on my dev build so the next release, 3.6.0, will handle that better. Yes, if you want to send me your JSON, I can look at it & let you know which device is breaking it for you. That way, you don’t have to wait around for the 3.6.0 release. You can private message or email it to support@thehomeremote.com

Sent you an email. Thanks!

Got it. Your issue is indeed the same as Joe’s. You have 4 devices that include references to a non-existent device, #1078. The 4 devices referencing 1078 are 1132, 1133, 1134, & 1135. If you delete them, everything should work fine.