Returning Current Status of an Object

Hey Bill, just curious on the tuya and smart life app. I can create groups of lights to control. And they list as a group in the app. But no other app can see the grouping is this a restriction from the tuya api? Just wondering if you can see the device grouping id on my account. If so may be something to implement in future release. But so far Google home and home assistant and home remote do not see the groups but they are in the tuya app

I am not seeing your Tuya groups. They don’t appear to be available through the API. I can only see your lights, switches, & scenes. As of right now, the only Home Remote integrations that support group control are Philips Hue, LIFX, Osram Lightify, Hubitat, Wemo, Wink, & Zipato. In a future release, I am planning on adding control of Groups you create inside the Home Remote.

That was what I was reading but I thought it might be worth a look since other brands show groups I thought it would be easier to implement for you if they were. It is probably something on the app side that does not communicate with the cloud that they are a group. Just curious when I get ready to add an IR remote when I try to add the global cache and it asks for an IP address. I am assuming this is the IP address for the IR receiver when ever i get one whether it is ITach or harmony.

Yes, it’ll be the IP address of either the Global Cache unit or Harmony hub; whichever you choose to buy.

Since I got your ear and eyes for the moment. I know most apps are coded for dynamic properties. But the project I am making at the moment is only going on an 8" tablet with a 1280x800 resolution. Would it be best to layout dynamically or since it is a one off project should i set to the dimension limitation of the final product, Just looking at your opinion as someone who has done this for awhile.

That’s kind of up to you. Everything I design needs to work on phones, tablets, & PCs. So those default XAML files in Templates folder were designed to work on any screen size. It’s kind of up to you. In the simulator, I’d probably recommend testing on a few close, but not identical screen sizes. Maybe add or subtract 50 or 100 pixels, something like that. It’s best not to design something that has to be pixel perfect. Give yourself a little leeway.

I made a few changes to the way Tuya brightness is set. I’d like to test this on your DeskLight if you don’t mind. Maybe try to refrain from connecting for the next 5 or 10 minutes or so.

sounds good I am playing with controls learning how they work so I don’t have any devices loaded at the moment

OK. I think I’m finished with your light.

Yeah I had that light on my Tuya app open it was trippy watching you run it up and down if your curious right now it is reflecting 31%. Oh BTW you might want to check the color temprature too I believe it is in the same situation but let me check

Nope never mind it was not the area I thought it was.

Actually you might be right. Your color temperature numbers also look really high. Normal values are in a range of around 2500 - 6500. That’s what the ColorTemperaturePicker control is configured for. I’m going to test that now.

I guess this is what I get for buying no name chinese lights off amazon

A color temperature of 0 in the Tuya app reports back as 1000 through the API. When at 1000 in the Tuya app, it reports back 36294. So I need to convert that 1000-36294 to a 2500-6500 color temperature.

It’s a miracle these things work as good as they do, lol