RS232 and Projector

Hello -

I am a little embarrassed by this simple question.

I am trying to control my Panny projector via IP2SL. I have the codes that work in iTest, but cannot figure out how to do this on Home Remote.

As an FYI, I have an IP2IR and an IP2CC working in Home Remote, just cannot get serial to work. For some reason, the command does even make it to the iTach device. per the LED on iTach.

I set up the device as I have set up the prior 2, but need to change the port to 4999. however, when I add the device under 4999, I get a time out error.

In addition, I just want to be sure that my format is correct when creating/adding new Codeset.

For example, I have
POWER_ON, \x02PON\x03

I am hoping someone can help. I know this has been done before.

Thanks again

The Home Remote’s built-in Global Cache device does not handle serial communication. That integration only handles IR, Relays, & Sensors. For serial comms with the IP2SL you’ll need to use a Plugin. I would recommend using the Runco plugin as a starting point. Then just revise the commands in the file. PowerOn for example, the Runco plugin uses “ky pow.on” so you’ll need to replace that with “\x02PON\x03” or whatever your Panny projector uses.

Just to follow-up on @bill’s answer, I actually helped someone else out with another Panny projector in the old forum, specifically, here, to modify my Runco Projector plugin to support the Panny. Some of the info on setting up the plugin is a little out of date (it is much easier now), but in terms of altering the commands, that should be exactly the same.

1 Like

Thank you! I got it all working fine. Many thanks again.