Russound MCA-88x metadata with Sonos

I’m using Home Remote to display Sonos media information and control zone power to my Russound whole home audio system.

I was wondering if anybody had experience with sending this metadata to the Russound keypads? Google has a search result summary of, “I wrote a Windows program that runs on my server that updates the meta data to the russound amp and allows the russound keypads to control Sonos Devices.” which points to a dead Google group for The Home Remote (https://groups.google.com/g/thehomeremote/c/DPvyCB2Gbnk), but unfortunately the posts seem to have been removed by Google. This seems to be in line with what I’m looking to accomplish. I believe this was from @Jimk72 ?

Perhaps somebody recalls more about this?

Thanks!

Yep that was me. Still run this on my windows server. Still frustrated Russound refuses to help integrate any other streaming equip. I have theirs because it came with the system and I was an installer. Their streaming equipment is so slow, the ui response is like something from the 90’s. Anyway yea I created that program. I exclusively use Sonos to stream as the Russound solution is crap. If you are interested in the program let me know. I don’t charge hundreds of dollars like some places. It’s free! Just need a windows pc to run it on.

1 Like

@James_Knutson Thanks! I’d love to check it out. I just sent you a direct message.