Scenes in 3.10.0

@bill Thanks Bill! I have it working.

Maybe I’m overly stupid but I don’t get how I could trigger a scene from a button. When I create a scene in the scenes folder and I have a simple page (not group or something) with it’s buttons and I want the buttons to trigger scenes (without displaying any tile or something) how do I do this?

With the old VirtualDeviceActions it was as easy as adding an EventTrigger for “Clicked” and use a DataAction to set a value to the bound VirtualDeviceVariable.

I couldn’t find out how I do this with scenes? Cause in the device.bindings the scene is not listed. There’s also no other thing I spotted in the button to make use of that Scene or in any of the EventTrigger actions. The point is I don’t want to display the scene’s tile or any property at all. I just want a button on a page to trigger the scene and that’s all. But I’m lost and can’t see how to accomplish this. Feeling like a total noob atm using scenes.

What do I miss? It seems maybe I did not understood the concept

You will still use the Clicked EventTrigger. There was an example attached at the top you can look at. In it, you will see that the Clicked EventTrigger in SceneTile.xaml calls a DataAction on the Scene attribute which manually triggers the scene.

Just enter the actual scene name in the Binding field of the DataAction. So e.g. for two buttons on a page:
DataAction Binding for button1: scene1.Scene
DataAction Binding for button2: scene2.Scene

You can leave Value always empty. To trigger a scene just create a DataAction with sceneName.Scene in the Binding field (sceneName is the actual name of the Scene).

So there are a lot of possibilities to trigger a scene.

1 Like

You made my day. Works perfectly and very easy explained