Scrollable GridView

I have a gridview nestled inside of a grid inside of a scrollviewer with vertical scroll disabled and horizontal scroll hidden. All the widths, heights, etc are set to be automatic. The number of items in my gridview are wider than a mobile screen. When I run the simulator it scrolls horizontally like I want. When I put it on my android phone, it wraps the items vertically. I want them to keep going horizontal and just have scroll to what I want. If I use a page browser instead of gridview, it does what I want. The only way I’ve gotten it to work so far is to set a fixed width in the gridview layout width. As long as I set it big enough, it’ll scroll horizontally. Is that the expected behavior for gridview?

The GridView itself has vertical scrolling built-into it. Its autosizing will only calculate & increase in the vertical direction because of that. If you want to do horizontal scrolling you are going to have to assign a fixed horizontal size somewhere in your layout. Whether it be on the GridView itself or its parent Grid.