Select sensor type in ewelink

Is there a way to select sensor type in Ewelink? I have a sensor attached and it displays Temperature and Humidity, but it also supplies 3 others to the eWelink App.

1. air quality
  2. noise
  3. light level
    It might be the eWelink API only exposes the two common ones or maybe I am missing the selection mechanism? Thanks, Eerke

You can’t select the sensor type. I’d have to actually test the device & add it to the integration. If you’re OK providing me temporary access to the sensor I may be able add support for it to the upcoming release. What’s the model number?

No problem. I can share it. Just need your username.
From Device Settings:
Name: Sensors
Manufacturer: maker
Model: Sonoff SC
Is that the info you need?

This is the eWelink interface:

Thanks, Eerke

support@thehomeremote.com is my username

Just realised it also asks country and if I put U.K. it doesn’t work. Where are you?

The United States (US).

It keeps giving me an error ‘failed to share. Please try again’.
I wonder if it’s a server thing. I think a couple of years ago their AWS server in Europe broke. I’m guessing you are on the North American server. Maybe this is why. Have you had success with European devices before?

Nevermind the access. I just looked up the SC online & have found those 3 properties. I think in the JSON they are called ‘dusty’, ‘light’, ‘noise’. I don’t have a direct Capability I can map those to which is likely why they were initially ignored. I’ll see if I can add custom Attributes support for this device so you manually assign them.

Thanks. Dusty makes sense. I’ve never seen it be anything other than good or very good. I kinda figured it dropped if there was smoke from a fire. I don’t understand the noise thing either. I think it is very specific about the frequency of the noise. The light one is the only really useful one for normal use and it needs the device to be in a window anyway. There are instructions how to upgrade the sensors but I never got round to it.