Selecting installed Smart TV Apps

I’m going through the available commands for my devices and for my Samsung Smart TV I can’t see any way of selecting specific installed apps, apart from Netflix, Prime TV and Rakuten. I realise that these are specific buttons on the remote and so are replicated along with the usual direction buttons, volume etc., but I can’t see any way of getting information about the other installed apps, unless I am missing something?

Prior to finding HR I trialled an Android remote (MyAV) that picked up all of the other apps that I have installed on the TV, like Now, iPlayer, All4, Disney+, Paramount+, etc. It also displayed them in the order that I have them showing on the TV. This is obviously possible to do, but I cannot see how it could be done in HR.

Has anyone done something like this before who could point me in the right direction? How do you get HR to request this information, if it can do it at all? I would really love to have buttons on the remote that take you directly to the selected app.

Thank you.

There is an Android App called.packet capture and tpacketcapture. You can run one of these capture apps to capture the commands sent by the MyAV app. Just be aware that it will likely capture more than the command you are interested in so you will need to go through it and search for what you need. It is also helpful to export the capture and view It on computer to make it a bit easier to read. I have used method myself.

1 Like

If you haven’t yet tried, pair your TV to your SmartThings account. Verify you can control it from the SmartThings app, then link SmartThings to Home Remote. Some Samsung TVs may list & offer control of those inputs through the MediaInputSource capability. The Home Remote’s built-in LG TV integration offers easy control & changing of those inputs through that capability. The Roku Plugin shared in this forum provides control & changing of the apps through that capability as well. Again, not sure about Samsung TV & if they provide that control through SmartThings. It’s worth a try though.