Sequence start with a very long delay

Searched and could never find a definitive answer on time delays so I figure I would ask.

I have three buttons for my start-up sequence that have to be done in this particular order due to HDMI handshake issues (I loathe HDMI).

In the following order: Pre-op (HTP-1), Projector, and then Lumagen.

I wanted to create a single button with the sequence power-on but the HTP-1 takes about 2.5 minutes to boot up completely from a cold start (not sleep mode). So I tried doing it just using a simple sequence but the HDMI issues started since the HTP-1 was not fully power on by the time the other two powered on.

So my solution would be a sequence of HTP-1–>(delay of about 150,000ms)—> projector—>delay of 10,000ms—> Lumagen.

Can you have a proper 150,000ms delay? That would be about 2.5minutes (150secs) to allow the HTP-1 to fully power on.

Thanks.

Does the HTP-1 provide a way to monitor the status? Relying on delays isn’t always the most ideal solution (especially something of that duration).

I’m not at my computer, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to set up an event on an arbitrary control which would execute an action or two (namely, the projector and Lumagen command) when the status changes.

If there is no way to do that with the remote command, I see it has trigger outs. Global Cache makes a relay device that you could poll. You’d have to check with Monoprice, though, to find out what state triggers the output.

Another alternative is look into HDFury’s solutions. They have a number of different devices that are built to work around HDMI challenges.

I am curious, though, why you don’t use the fast boot which I understand only takes a couple of seconds. Is it that power hungry in standby?

1 Like

The HTP-1 does provide the status but only via a HTML page that is not very easy to access feedbacks. The status is not accessible when the HTP-1 is shutdown completely.

I could work it if the Lumagen or the projector were booted first since I can do exactly that. But this created some HDMI issues. I have looked at getting an HDFury but I really want to keep the proper boot sequence since it seems to work without spending $$$.

But I did test the 150,000ms delay and I am getting it to work (timed it) and it is very consistant (plus or minus a second). I will test the full sequence tomorrow and report back. BTW, my first tests had failed a few weeks ago but I just realized that my delay was only 15,000ms (my math was not my strength in school either).

Ok good luck.

BTW - many HDMI issues crop up when CEC is enabled somewhere in the chain (mentioning it just in case).

As a general rule I always disable CEC on all my devices. My main issues are the refresh rates between devices and switching between playback and default GUIs. I force everything to 23.976 (or 24 in some devices) since most of my playback is done at 23.976. But some devices make it very hard to force their GUIs at anything other than 60hz (especially at boot).