Single tile for volume up etc

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. You can see from the screenshot above that I have managed a certain level of tinkering with this excellent programme. I would llike to have the 5 commands from the Logitech Amp (shown below, which is activated by clicking on the Logitech Amp tab above) as separate tiles on my favourites tab above if possible? I have tried to link a switch tile to the Logitech Amp but without any success so far. Could anyone please help me?

Hi Paul,
you want 5 tiles - (volume up / down / mute / input / display?) in your favourites tab, which is a device browser - right?
If so, then you should first create separate tiles in the templates folder and insert the corresponding commands.

1. logiVolumeUP.xaml
  2. logiVolume.down.xaml
  3. logiMute.xaml
  4. logiInput.xaml
  5. logiDisplay.xaml

It’s a bit complicated for me to explain, but you can upload your project and I can try it for you.

Thanks Kalle, I really appreciate your help (again)! I have created one xaml tile for the volume up. How do I then put it into my set up? It doesn’t let me add Logitech Harmony twice (let alone 5 more times) within the Favourites tab?

Ok Paul,
I tried to recreate it with groups and also failed and as you said, you can only add a device to a group once.
Maybe there is a way around this limitation by creating multiple instances of the Logi plugin in devices. This can easily be done by right-clicking on the plugin and performing “copy” and “paste”.
In your case, you would have to do this 4 times to create the 5 extra tiles for your LogiAmp with a device browser.

Now you can create a main group e.g. “mixed” and a subgroup e.g. “favourites”. Add all the required devices here (including the 5 Logi devices).
I hope you understand what I mean so far. The next step would be to create 5 new tiles in templates (Volume Up / Down / Mute / Input / Display). I would put this in a subfolder as shown below.

Next, you must edit each tile and assign the corresponding commands and devices.

Once all this is done, you can assign the corresponding tile to each device in the device group.

Now create a device browser with the devices from the group (also pay attention to the size of the tiles in the device browser)

This is the result of my tests:

Let me know if it works or where there are problems.

LG,
Kalle

1 Like

Hi Kalle, you’re help is legendary! I’m afraid I decided to ditch this idea though. That is because I find the Harmony tile is quite temperamental. It often drops out. I am now using a new remote control device which uses Smart Life instead, so am using that as a separate window using WSA. That provides a far more reliable interface than the Home Remote. Thanks anyway - I’m sure this will help me and probably others anyway

Hi Paul,
No problem - I’m happy to help where I can.
I hope the smartLife device doesn’t cause any other problems and if I’ve understood correctly, the whole thing is cloud based again - which I don’t really like, because no internet, no home automation control. But I could be wrong and the whole thing also works locally.

LG,
Kalle