Sky HD and maybe Sky Q (UK) - IP Control

Hi

This is my first plugin… not sure about the code quality, but it works!

Basically this lets you send messages over IP to a UK Sky HD box. I use it for direct access to various fast-forward / rewind speeds, but there are many other features.

For the SOAP stuff, you’ll need the UDN of your box which you can get using this tool here… also massive credit to lgladdy for lots of work with this stuff over the years.

… or you could also use this nodered flow …

https://flows.nodered.org/flow/c39095989dc6881bd96b

If you’re not interested in the SOAP stuff and just want the buttons, then you can leave the UDN box blank, and just don’t use the ‘Fwd’ and ‘Rwd’ commands.

I think the remote stuff should also work on Sky Q boxes but don’t have one to confirm. I don’t think the SOAP stuff will work - it’s different, but again, not entirely sure.

Perhaps someone with Sky Q could verify?

Sky_Picasso.plugin (4.4 KB)

The rest of the endpoints are documented here:-

Credit to:-

For the remote control commands.

Wow, I’ve taken a look at this a few times but never worked out how to do it. I’ll definitely out this to use.

I’m not sure how to check if my box is on Picasso though and the exposed dnla server is 10 years old… does it still work on latest update? Also looking at the info it seems the full remote can’t be replaced? Only certain transport functions (no direction / sky button / numbers / colours). Is that correct?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I was able to control my box with the python script so will have a play with the plug-in in the next few days.

It should work on any Sky HD box - they all run Picasso.

There is a way of executing all the rest of the remote commands (not via these SOAP requests) - I’ll post back here if/when I get it working.

I was mainly focussed on the transport controls because the multi-press behaviour of the IR command has always irritated me!

It’s irritated me too especially when using ir emitters. I’ll probably set up a slider function for it (although it will be limited to 3,6,12 and 30 increments for obvious reasons)

John

First post updated - all remote commands now work.

1 Like

Great job… I added a slider option for the speed.
Sky_Picasso_slider.plugin (6.0 KB)

Add a attribute for PlaySpeed and assign a slider with -30 to 30 as values. Seems to work OK… im not sure if setting speed to “0” pauses - I need to check that and add to the slider if it works.

John

‘Forward 1’ is play, but there’s no zero. You’d actually have to trigger pause if you want it to stop in the middle.

Yeah I tried it :grinning: but easily worked around if needed I guess

Has anyone tried this with sky Q?

The remote codes work, but not the Picasso stuff for jumping directly to certain speeds. I couldn’t solve that.

Spot on thanks, I’ve put off upgrading in case it doesn’t work. I assume it’s works on the latest software.

Yep - all 100% functional

1 Like

Hi, I’m struggling to work out how to get the UDN number, could you please give me a simple step by step guide how to obtain it using the tools you suggested. Thaks

Hi, I would love to get this working but don’t know how. I have imported the plug in successfully but it comes up with an error. I guess I need to put in the IP somehow?

Hi Paul, when you instal the Sky_Picasso.plugin (not the Sky_Picasso) it will ask you for the Ip and udn number, You can also do this after installing in the Designer.

If you do work out how to get the udn number please let me know.

Hi Colin, thanks for the helpful reply. I managed to get it to work. Before I hadn’t installed the plug-in from Steve’s original post, but had just installed the plug-in from John (for the slider). I changed the IP to the correct one but didn’t change the UDN. It works perfectly on my Sky Q box. Only a couple of observations though, which would be good if these could be corrected:

1. Back-up doesn’t work on the remote - you have to go into the details to find it;
  2. DVR could be linked with the “Sky” command to get to recordings, but again, you have to go into the details to find it;
  3. The volume up/down and mute buttons could be somehow linked with the PC volume or in my case, my Logitech Z906 via harmony control?

Other than that though, it works perfectly! Thanks guys!

Hi

Sorry for not replying - I didn’t get a notification previously.

Backup works fine here - not sure why it’s not working for you.

For recordings, use the ‘Sky’ command.
For ‘Home’, use the ‘Guide’ command.

UDN is not needed for SkyQ because the stuff that needed it (direct access to the forward/reverse speeds) doesn’t work on SkyQ anyway. I didn’t spend any further time trying to get this working.

So don’t try and use any of these commands:-

"Rwd2": 255,
"FwdHalf": 255,
"Fwd1": 255,
"Fwd2": 255,
"Fwd6": 255,
"Fwd12": 255,
"Fwd30": 255,
"Rwd6": 255,
"Rwd12": 255,
"Rwd30": 255

Thanks for the help Steve and Paul this Pugin worked brilliantly.