Smoke/CO Detectors

I have a couple First Alert ZCOMBO Z_Wave Smoke+CO detectors setup in Homeseer. These devices have Features in Homeseer for Battery, Smoke Detection and CO Detection. When I sync with THR, It finds the battery feature on each device and creates a corresponding device in THR with a Battery capability, but it isn’t creating devices for the Smoke and CO features.

The sync seems to work quite well - I have well over 100 devices in HomeSeer and this is the first one I’ve come across that doesn’t appear to be fully syncing - I’m guessing it’s some sort of configuration issue on my end. Is there anything I could check to determine why these other features aren’t syncing?

HomeSeer does not have unique device types for Smoke & CO detectors. They are both just “Binary Sensors”. You won’t be able to use a grouped/composite device because Home Remote will not be able to reliably determine which child device is the Smoke Detector & which is the CO detector. So you are going to need to create device objects for each detector (smoke + CO). I’m a bit surprised it didn’t automatically generate 2 or 3 objects for those First Alert devices. Since it didn’t, you’ll have to copy-paste an existing device object & then change the Id to match the HomeSeer reference Id for each detector. You should actually be able to add the Home Remote capabilities to these new devices: CarbonMonoxideDetector & SmokeDetector. It’s your choice. Or you can just use the HSStatus & HSValue fields.

Well that’s an easy fix - had no idea I could manually create devices in there and link them like that. I’m learning something new every day with THR :slight_smile: That worked like a charm and the devices seem to be connected and feeding status data in. Thanks!

1 Like