[Solved] Adding a GoToPage MethodAction along with button state changes interrupts state change

I’m going to call this a bug. Because I cannot set a custom icon to a radio button, I had opted to manually change the state of each button (toggle) depending on whether it was selected or not as well as disabling the currently selected button so it cannot be clicked again until another button was checked. That worked fine.

Where the issue/potential bug appears is when adding a “GoToPage” MethodAction to actually change a page when the button is checked. When adding the “GoToPage” the buttons now require being clicked 2x to actually see the state of the button change. I’m including an example script. Please try clicking each button. The page changes, but it takes 2x clicks to see the button state change. Then, remove the “GoToPage” action and try clicking the buttons again. You will now see them only require 1x click to see the button state change.
IconPageSelectIssueExample.hrp (132.9 KB)

Update: This appears not to be a bug after all, but a poor implementation by myself. I had setup my workflow to have a navigation page which I would add to each screen. I think this was the source of the problem. Instead, I created a “base” page that contained the navigation and every “screen” is loaded into a PageBrowser that lives within the “base” page. In doing this, the page now loads properly with the icon in a selected state.

See revised attached solution.
IconPageSelectIssueExampleRev.hrp (132.8 KB)

1 Like