Sonos - Trouble adding

Hi
I have managed to add my Sonos speakers and i can see them visible in the devices section.
However i cannot control them or get them to display, any transport controls.
Ive had a read through the info here and still not getting it…
Anyone got a little guide? Ideally would like to just click on a speaker and then be able to control play/pause etc and volume.
Cheers in advance

Have you added them to a Group yet?

Unlike the apps, the Designer does not automatically add new devices to the Groups folder. You need to do that manually.

I generally recommend new users start with just the apps. Add your devices to the apps & then export a backup on the Settings page. That will give you a working HRP with your Groups already preconfigured that you can use with the Designer.

Hi
Thanks i have done that now, and i can see the speaker i would like to control.
I created a Button and added the Backroom speaker using the OpenDeviceDetails as shown in another thread and i do see the speaker, however the transport controls are missing.
Take a look please at the screenshots and thanks for your help so far…

![backroom1|566x500]

2nd link

Are you sure something is playing? Click the menu button on the bottom right if you want to select a track to play from Home Remote. Or just start playing something from the Sonos app.

I have something playing from the speaker and it didnt respond. The volume i managed to change once, before it said the operation cancelled.
I do have the Sonos S2 app but my speakers are older gen

Please reset your apps back to the initial default state & add Sonos directly to it. I’d like you to take the Designer out of the equation for now. If you don’t want to uninstall/reinstall the apps, simply load the attached SettingsReset.hrp file & it’ll revert them back.

SettingsReset.hrp (1.3 KB)

Hi
thanks for your help mate. got it working.
I found another thread and that mentioned the same issues i was having and he worked out that the simulator was the issue.
so i just uploaded the .hrp file to my phone and it all worked as it was supposed to…
So that thread was a year old and looks like still has issues in sim…

all good now so thanks for your help