Support for Smart Life/Tuya Devices

Hello! I’m having problems with device feedback. They work very well within the homeremote platform, however when I command through the tuya app or physically it does not update the status. I’m using a wifi outlet and a smart touch with 3 relays.

Wait 10 minutes or so. Tuya only let’s us poll their servers once every 10 minutes. They throw errors if we try to poll any faster. There’s nothing we can do about that. If you need instant feedback you will need a different outlet. Sonoff & Wemo outlets work pretty well & they provide instant feedback to Home Remote. They also support local connections so they will work if your internet is down.

Hi @bill, can you advice this, I can’t login to smart life account. I have change my password also same can’t log in. Can I know how can I log in to smart life app? What is “Get accesstoken”?

How did you sign up with Smart Life? Did you use a sign-in with Google?

I’ve gotten confirmation from a few others that when you sign-up through Google you’re not going to be able to access this API. There isn’t really any way to correct this issue. What you’ll have to do is create a new account. If you really want to continue using the same email address you currently have I’d recommend creating an account with the “Tuya Smart” app. It should be compatible with all of your same devices. But this time when you create the account, be sure to NOT use sign-in through Google.

Hi @bill , thanks for your reply.
No, I not using the google icon to login on smart life. I use google email to signup and now I using back my gmail to sign in on Home remote., Or do you mean totally cannot use gmail?

You can use Gmail. I’m using a Gmail account for Smart Life.

There are a few option here.

1. Try changing the Region in Home Remote to United States & see if that helps.

2. I believe SmartThings now supports Smart Life & Tuya Smart. The integration Tuya wrote for SmartThings may not have this issue. So what you could do is link Smart Life to SmartThings & then link SmartThings to Home Remote. That could be a way around this issue.

3. Create a new account with a new email address. It can be another Gmail address. In almost all of the cases I’ve seen, simply creating a new account with a new email fixes the issue. The only downside here is that if you have a lot of devices they will need to be paired or shared with your new account.

Having Smart Life linked to SmartThings and SmartThings to Home Remote has the added benefit of the device status in Home Remote updating with little to no delay. This is how I have my devices set up. If Smart Life is connected to the Home Remote directly, Home Remote is only allowed to poll device status once every so many minutes, so a light turned on in reality may show off for minutes in the Home Remote due to Smart Life’s restrictions. Going through SmartThings solves this problem, too.

Is it possible to add a Tuya doorbell cam ?

The Tuya API we are using only supports a limited number of device types. That includes lights, switches, smart plugs, thermostats, window shades, & scenes. You won’t be able to access the video doorbell URL through our Tuya integration. Your only possibility is to access it directly with the IP Camera device. This will however require you to know the RTSP video stream URL for the camera & I don’t think Tuya publishes that information. You could try emailing them.

Thank you for your reply Bill

Hello Bill
Other question, is it posible to make the background transparant ?

Thanx Don

The tile background or the overall background?

Yes, the tile background or any element can be made transparent.

If you mean the overall background I’m not sure I understand. You want to be able to see your phone’s home screen through the Home Remote app? There isn’t any app that can do that. That’s simply not possible.

Hello @bill, first all, congratulations for your app! Great !
I try use for apply in my solution in my customers.
In general I use smartlife, I have almost 20 devices, almost 50 circuits, but one Painel that I have 8 lamps I cannot find in HR, I try login/log off in smartlife, same in HR, tried use this painel in Tuya and add this device, but same result, I cannot find this in HR.
We have limite of devices for smartlife?
We need additional configuration?
Br
Jeff

There’s no limit to the quantity of devices. It’s most likely a device type that’s not supported. The lamps that aren’t visible are probably a different brand or model number I’m guessing.

1 Like

Interesting is that I have 2 painel ( one 6CH Dimmer and one 8Ch on/off from same supplier Flex automation Thant works with Tuya), and only the painel on/off not work.
I can find and control I the SL or Tuya, but I can’t find in Alexa commands, SmartThings(I try for test), only this pannel…
If you know some magic :joy: I will appreciate

Do you know if I can receive feedback of status of “cenas” of smartlife, example I will create cena for turn on / of but I dididntr received feedback of status of device

You cannot receive feedback from a scene.

Hi @bill. I just want make sure if Home Remote app nowadays can integrate Tuya temperature / humidity sensors. The sensor is the battery powered ones. Thank you very much.

1 Like

@bill Same question. I have a bunch of temp/humidity sensors running via SmartLife. Would be great to be able to access those too. btw, I have a few coloured smart bulbs that don’t come through - even to SmartThings…

Hello, I also had a problem with adding Tuya temp/humidity sensor. Finally I found some solution how to add sensors. We must do this through third Aplication(Home Assistent if i may write) and its litlle complicate but at the end i have themperature on my Home remote dashboard.