Tasmota Devices

Hi there,

I have purchased a couple of open source Tasmota devices, they are working with Home Assistant and have an open API (very simple). Anyone got a plugoin already made? Otherwise I can make one.

John

Hi John,
I did a search here in the forum, but couldn’t find a plugin. However, it should be very easy to create one.

Kalle

Yes the api is very basic and straightforward, I’m not sure it will be possible to automatically add the devices already connected via the onRefresh (can’t remember what the function is called) so it might be a matter of manually adjusting the plugin for each person which is a pain.

I’m currently playing with gnuplot at the moment to plot the energy usage.

Hi John,
If you have created the plugin, I would also like to have a look at it. Do the Tasmota devices run via a hub? or is each device controlled individually via IP address?

Kalle

The 2 tasmota devices I have are indiviual IP controlled, im not sure if this is good for the wifi network. I also have a couple of zigbee plugs recently purchased from aliexpress (£6 each!). I think the proce of Zwave devices are prohibitive when compared to the cheaper tasmota and zigbee. I also have a shelly device which is IP controlled - When I can be bothered I will bring all the power monitoring together with a single plugin (Shelly/Zibee (via vera) and Tasmota + standad zwave plugs with pm)