Tile with multiple sources

Hi, I’ve only been working with THR for about a week now and learned today that some of the repetitive things I’ve been doing could probably have been simplified by using templates and device tiles. However, I can’t figure out how to achieve what I’m after.

I use Homeseer as my primary hub for all my devices. Plugins for many of my Homeseer devices end up creating multiple separate devices in THR for each “capability” - so for example a thermostat might create separate devices for current temp, system mode (heat/cool/off), system status (idle, heating, cooling), etc. From what I can tell, if I wanted to create a thermostat tile that I could reuse for each thermostat, I’d need all of the data elements I want to include on that tile to reside within a single THR device.

The three approaches I have considered (but haven’t had much success with) are:

1. Create a THR Virtual Device
  2. Create a THR plugin
  3. Create a virtual device in Homeseer

I feel like I’m probably making this harder than it needs to be. Is there a better/easier way to accomplish what I’m trying to do here?

The Home Remote should create a single device object for HomeSeer thermostats. It knows that thermostats use “Device_API” of 16 and it can determine all of the child objects automatically.

Did it not do that for you?

Are you saying that Home Remote created separate devices for temperature, mode, status, etc?

Are you maybe using a 3rd party plugin?

Sounds like you might be using a 3rd party plugin that didn’t adhere to the normal HomeSeer Thermostat structure.

Yes, I am using a 3rd party plugin. Unfortunately, I have several 3rd party plugins for Homeseer and they all seem to behave the same way - when I look through THR, every single device that was pulled in from Homeseer seems to have the same 3 generic attributes:
HSLastChange
HSStatus
HSValue

I know I’ve seen thermostat plugins that use the standardized thermostat types & subtypes. I would recommend you contact the plugin developer & see if they can maybe update their code. If the developer doesn’t follow those guidelines then there’s nothing the Home Remote can really do to help. It can’t group all of those sub-devices on a single easy-to-use device object. It has no idea what your devices are then. All it can do is assign those generic attributes.

Here are some links that may help the HomeSeer plugin developer:

https://homeseer.github.io/Plugin-SDK-Docs/api/HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.Identification.EDeviceType.html?tabs=cs

https://homeseer.github.io/Plugin-SDK-Docs/api/HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.Identification.EThermostatStatusFeatureSubType.html?tabs=cs

OK, Thank you! Since this was really just an example and I have several other plugins where I’m looking for a similar capability, I’ll look into creating a composite devices in Homeseer with the attributes I need and sync that into THR to build the tiles from. Some of these other ones are not “standard” components, like for example Life360 status where I want to consolidate the attributes for each persons status into a single “device” so I can create a generic tile for it.

Thank you for the quick replies!!