Tuya connecting issue

I keep getting a get access code failed. Username and password error. Rest 3 times and try login with phone and email still would not take. Any help be appreciated.

There have been a few reports of the API not working for users registered outside of the US. Some have gotten around that issue by creating a new account with US chosen as the location during setup (even though they don’t live there). It seems to be a bit random. There are some users I know that are registered outside of the US & it works fine. Long story short, you should be able to get this working, but you will probably end up needing to create a new account.

I’m in the UK and didn’t setup a US account and the Tuya connection in Home Remote is working for me OK currently.

I only have one single Tuya device however.

I’m in the us live in Florida so that’s not the problem

Are you using the Tuya Smart or Smart Life app? Which app did you use to create your account?

With tuya, I switched because it integrated with more apps than smart life but it seems to just be one thing after another. Laview, hugolog, smart life, tuya all use the same app and set up very odd. Laview has like 8 apps and can’t figure out the path it seems. Like pick one and just go. They have great products but like too many cooks in the kitchen too many directions, not enough customer support. Lost my business due to failed hugolog Kickstarter. 3 months no update. Moving to wyze great product and happy now waiting on other apps to bring them in.

Tuya smart I started account onnlaview then noticed the smart life was same platform so started off smart life I think. I tired all ways possible. Had it linked to home remote with smart life once but couldn’t get to reconnect afterngotna new phone

The Home Remote has both a Tuya Smart & a Smart Life device. You say neither of those devices currently work?

Strange that it would quit working just because you got a new phone.

Yeah they both stopped its just a pain to go back and reset them up but ill try and add them back to smart life later today. Let you know how it goes. Have you ever heard of that message device access denied ?

I only see that message when I either enter the wrong password or choose the wrong platform. I have both a Tuya Smart account & a Smart Life account. I’ve got different email addresses & passwords for each platform so I sometimes forget which is which.

I don’t think there different but ill check notes thanks good suggestion.