Tuya device Lighting Scenes

Hi

Recently purchased a Galaxy Star Projector for my daughter. It’s the only Tuya device I have.

£21.76 30%OFF | WIFI Smart Star Projector Light LED Galaxy Projector Ocean Wave Night Light with Bluetooth Speaker Remote Voice Control Light US

I was able to add a tile in to Home Remote to turn it on and off and also the colour wheel works to change the RGB colours.

I also tried adding Colour Temperature to change the light to White, however that doesn’t work it says something like unsupported operation.

There are some Scenes in the Smart Life app similar to Hue scenes any way to have controls for these in Home Remote also?

Thanks.

Not directly. There’s a roundabout way of doing it. Basically you could create a Tuya Scene that triggers each light scene. The Home Remote can execute those general Tuya Scenes you’ve created. This could become quite cumbersome though if you wish to include every light scene.

OK thanks I will give that a try.

I’m not familiar with the Smart Life app as I’ve not used it before.

Pressing Smart at the bottom then going to Automation and pressing the Plus button.

I see some condition options, I just selected “Launch Tap to Run” then selected “Run this Device” and finally selected the Galaxy Star light.

I then see this page.

There are options for On and Off and setting the brighteness etc, but I can’t see anything to select those Lighting scenes I showed in the screen shot on my previous post.

So maybe it’s not possible.

They would be on that screen so, yeah, it’s probably not possible.

Do they not expose those lighting scenes via their cloud Api then?

The other slight issue in the Smart Life app you can select a White colour as well as RGB colours.

No way to do this in the Home Remote app currently, I only have the colour wheel.

Thanks.

They do not expose lighting scenes. There’s a lot of stuff that API does not support.

The API does usually support color temperature (aka white coloring). Try manually adding the ColorTemperature capability to your device object. Not sure if it will work, but it’s worth a shot.

I already tried that it does not work. Says Unsupported Operation I think when you click anywhere on the White grading.

Then it’s probably not supported. Not sure if there’s anything else you can really do.

OK thanks, basic control is good enough for now then.

Cheers.

Does the Home Remote Tuya integration monitor the devices current state from the Tuya Cloud ?

If I turn on of off a Tuya light via other means, either the Smart Life app or my Node-Red / Vera integration, the tile for the same light in the Home Remote app does not change and update its state.

Thanks.

Yes, but the polling rate is very slow. The Tuya API only let’s us poll once every 10 minutes, so the chances of you seeing inaccurate state data are very high. You are almost guaranteed to see out-of-date state data when changing from any other source.

I can confirm the devices state does eventually update as you stated.

Thanks.

I got led light strips installed on my pool cage they set me up with the tuya app. I’m not very creative but the pre programmed scenes are lame. Can you download user designed ones somehow?