Unable to get Hubitat to sync its devices

Hi,
I have a single device on my new Hubitat hub.
When I try to add Hubitat to Homeremote, I get a message: “failed to find any device”.
Testing the “local URL” for getting all devices, on browser, does return the device I have under Hubitat.
I am using windows 10 to run homeremote.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Avi

Can you post the JSON returned from that local URL?

I’d like to see the capabilities & attributes that this device has.

Hi Bill,
Thanks for helping out.

This is the URL entered in the browser:
10.100.102.113/apps/api/34/devices?access_token=xyx…

This is the response:
[{“id”:“1”,“name”:“Fibaro Switch”,“label”:“staircase switch”,“type”:“Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-223”}]

Thanks,
Avi

The next call the app will make is to get its capabilities. What does this return?

10.100.102.113/apps/api/34/devices/1/capabilities?access_token=xyx…

sure. Here is the response:
[{“capabilities”:[“Configuration”,“Actuator”,“Refresh”,“PowerMeter”,{“attributes”:[{“name”:“power”,“currentValue”:“29.80”,“dataType”:“NUMBER”,“values”:null}]},“Polling”,“EnergyMeter”,{“attributes”:[{“name”:“energy”,“currentValue”:“0.00”,“dataType”:“NUMBER”,“values”:null}]},“HoldableButton”,{“attributes”:[{“name”:“held”,“currentValue”:null,“dataType”:“NUMBER”,“values”:null}]},“Switch”,{“attributes”:[{“name”:“switch”,“currentValue”:“off”,“dataType”:“ENUM”,“values”:[“on”,“off”]}]},“Sensor”,“PushableButton”,{“attributes”:[{“name”:“numberOfButtons”,“currentValue”:“5”,“dataType”:“NUMBER”,“values”:null},{“name”:“pushed”,“currentValue”:“1”,“dataType”:“NUMBER”,“values”:null}]},“HealthCheck”,{“attributes”:[{“name”:“checkInterval”,“currentValue”:“3720”,“dataType”:“NUMBER”,“values”:null}]}]}]

Everything looks fine. I’d be happy to help troubleshoot if you want me to take a look at it. Just private message or email me the external/cloud URL for the devices endpoint.

Hi Bill,
The site won’t let me send you private emails.
Thanks,
Avi

You can email me it. My email is support@thehomeremote.com

The problem was resolved when I created a new project and added Hubitat device on it. For some reason adding Hubitat to my old project just didn’t work. That gives me a great excuse to build a new project from scratch :slight_smile:

1 Like