Universal Background

I’m wondering if there is any current method of achieving this. What I’m looking to do is have a web browser element as the background to all pages. The use case for this is dynamic backgrounds based on weather etc.

I was able to partially achieve this by placing a web browser element at the top level grid of every page but I have a few issues with this. The simulator will always render the webpage on top regardless of it’s actual position, the android app does render correctly. In addition the webpage will reload when changing pages.

I guess what I’m looking for is a way to use a URL as a background which is always loaded between page changes.

Another way I thought to achieve this was by using a page browser element then have the buttons change the page browser element page but buttons on the page inside of the page browser cannot interact with the page browser they are inside.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You can have a universal background but it has to be a standard JPEG or PNG. To use a WebBrowser as the background in your setup, you will need to make use of PageBrowsers as you mention. And it’ll really be hard to test this sort of application in the simulator due to this limitation that forces Web rendering on top of everything else. Sorry, I don’t really have a good solution for you here. Unfortunately there aren’t really any work-arounds I can think of to help you out.