Using Insteon Some devices get a "Device not found" message

Hello. I have been using The Home Remote for about a year and now that it is spring it is time to turn on my sprinklers. I have an EZ Flora insteon device and it worked fine last year. Now when I click the button Zone 1 on The Home Remote, I get the “Device Not Found” message. I looked at all my devices in the Homeseer section and they are all there. I also synced the devices and still it states Device not found message. All my other insteon devices are working fine. I can use events for the sprinklers and they also will work, but I just want to turn on an off buttons by using the specific device.

Also, if I use the Homeseer Web Browser for the sprinklers they all turn on and off fine.

Any suggestions?

Maybe the device ID changed. If it did, your current device in Home Remote is invalid. Sync does not delete existing objects. It only updates the Capabilities/Attributes on existing objects & generates new objects. My guess is that the HomeSeer reference ID changed. Delete the object from Home Remote & then run sync & then re-add it to your page.

Bill:

The Device Id did not change. I have 8 valves with ids from 1118 to 1125. Also, When I deleted the objects from Homeseer on the left hand side and then then ran sync but none of those 8 devices show up. I tried resyncing this several times. I have also tried renaming the device in Homeseer, but nothing. I have no idea what is going on. FYI, when I click on my Homeseer 3 web page those devices will turn on and off the sprinklers fine, just not in TheHomeRemote.

So if you were to reinstall the Home Remote app & start from scratch, those devices are no longer included when you add HomeSeer? It’s strange that this would work one day but not the next.

Have you verified that the HomeSeer reference Id matches the Home Remote Device Id in your existing project?

This is definitely caused by a Device Id mismatch. I suggest you look closely at the Device object that is giving you issues & verify it matches the Id in HomeSeer.

I created a new program and added Homeseer as a new device and still I don’t see the irrigation valves. Those seem to be the only devices missing when I import.
I can still control them through Homeseer fine. The devices I am missing are reference id 1118 to 1125. Again, they work fine through Homeseer but not in TheHomeRemote. I can make them work if I create 2 events to turn them on or off, but I don’t want to create 18 events to do that when I should be doing it with the devices.

Is there any other workaraound to get this to work?

Did you read the 2nd & 3rd part of my previous post?

Yes I did read the 2nd and 3rd part of your post. I even tried this:

I removed Homeseer from THR. Then I right clicked Add Device Source/Homeseer, enter my info, it found all the devices except for the Irrigation which was 8 devices. I then went into Homeseer and changed the Room from Irrigation to ZZZ so it would show up at the bottom of all the devices, but once again when I created the devices, nothing.

So where could those 8 devices disappear?

What I’m asking is, for this device that you are referring to below, have you verified that the device Id matches the Id in HomeSeer?

If you deleted the device in your HRP & didn’t save a backup, then you can copy/paste an existing similar device object & update the Id to match the HomeSeer reference Id.

What I’m asking is, for this device that you are referring to below, have you verified that the device Id matches the Id in HomeSeer?

Yes

If you deleted the device in your HRP & didn’t save a backup, then you can copy/paste an existing similar device object & update the Id to match the HomeSeer reference Id.

I tried copying and pasting but I get a Open Clipboard Failed error ( 800401D0 Clipbrd_Can’t_Open)). I restarted the computer deleted the plugin and readded the Device Source and continue to get that error.

FYI I am using 4.5.0.0 of the designer.

Can you email me your project? Send it to support@thehomeremote.com Also, please select the device that isn’t working in the Home Remote Designer & take a full screenshot so I can see the Id in the Properties pane. Also send a screenshot of the device in HomeSeer if you could. I just want to verify that the Ids do indeed match.

Make sure you have MyHS enabled. Then I will try connecting & toggling the device state. I’d like to go online with it to troubleshoot the error. If the Ids match you shouldn’t be seeing that message so I’m not sure exactly what’s going on.