Vera Heater and Thermostat Bug

I have not contacted vera support was planning on using the vera forums since the users there are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Yes I was not expecting that, just thought it was maybe a bug in the app. Possible information for future users who may see similar issues.

How is it a bug in the app? You yourself looked at the sdata & saw the correct value wasn’t in the JSON. Or was I misreading your earlier messages? Was the correct value in the JSON? If so, maybe there is a bug.

It is not a bug in the app, originally I had thought it was just that. After looking at the sdata I saw the Vera was not showing the correct setpoint in the JSON. Which is a Vera issue, was just supporting Rigapapa point that sdata may not be the most accurate way to get device states (not saying re-write the whole Vera integration) :slight_smile:

I really think you just have an outdated device driver. Either that or something you’ve added has corrupted it. If you got the time, try doing a full factory reset of your entire system. Then download all of the latest firmware updates.

Everything is up to date on my end. Rebuilding my current system will be quite the task. What I may do is use an extra Vera I have laying around and pair the thermostat with that and see if I have the same issue.

Yeah, if you have an extra Vera that’d definitely be the way to go. What’d probably be best is to 1st download all of the latest firmware updates, then do a factory reset.

Hello,
I just replaced my Imperihome with the Home remote and I’m generally well impressed.
However, I have a couple of problems that are limiting my decision of switching to the Homeremote, and one of them is exactly the one described here. I have a heating only setup (with the AutoVirtualThermostat), my setpoint is showing up the CoolingSetPoint in the place of the HeatingSetPoint.
From the discussion, I understand that this is a Vera “induced” mess, but nevertheless I don’t understand why. (In other test that I made, HomeHabit, p.e., I correctly have the correct values)
Any help appreciated.
Best
Germano

Screenshot_20210115-121145_HomeHabit|225x500

Can you also attach screenshots from the Home Remote & Vera apps? I’d like to see exactly what you are seeing in those apps as well.

You’re the 1st one to bring up the issue of having the setpoints reversed (showing heating in place of cooling, showing cooling in place of heating). So I do think the issue you are experiencing is a little different. In addition to the screenshots, it’d be great if you could also share the sdata for this device. You can post it or email me, whichever you prefer. If possible, try to capture all of those (screenshots + sdata) at roughly the same time. It’s OK if there’s a few minutes time difference.

Just replace 192.168.1.108 with the IP address of your Vera.
http://192.168.1.108:3480/data_request?id=sdata

Hi. Thank you.

More will follow. New user limits…
Best
Germano

On vera

Germano

Sorry,
Can not upload the file (new user again…).
Here you have the extract from the json file…
{ “name”: “Appliance Module”, “altid”: “e1”, “id”: 114, “category”: 3, “subcategory”: 0, “room”: 8, “parent”: 113, “configured”: “0”, “status”: “1” }, { “name”: “Appliance Module 1”, “altid”: “e2”, “id”: 115, “category”: 3, “subcategory”: 0, “room”: 8, “parent”: 113, “status”: “0”, “configured”: “0” }, { “name”: “Auto Virtual Thermostat”, “altid”: “”, “id”: 134, “category”: 5, “subcategory”: 1, “room”: 4, “parent”: 0, “heatsp”: “19.5”, “coolsp”: “20”, “failure”: “0”, “fanmode”: “Auto”, “setpoint”: “20”, “heat”: “20”, “cool”: “20”, “commands”: “thermostat_mode_off,thermostat_mode_heat,thermostat_mode_cool,thermostat_mode_auto,thermostat_mode_eco”, “configured”: “0”, “cycletime”: “11h46m”, “mode”: “InDeadBand”, “fan”: “Off”, “temperature”: “19.5” },

I see the issue. Your data has both “heat” & “heatsp”. The Home Remote is showing you the “heat” value instead of “heatsp”. It should probably prefer the “heatsp” value when available.

I will have this fixed in the next release.