Virtual Device Variable

I am looking at Virtual Device Variable and did not find anything. Is there some documentation about these ? I just created a variable but I don’t know what to put in Status Variable and Mapping Variable. Also how to acces it after.

I believe they are still supported but not sure how much longer. In order to create them, click on “Settings” and then “Open”. Check the “Legacy” box and that will then allow you to create Virtual Device Variables, On Change, etc. Then to get back to working with Device Objects, you have to Uncheck the Legacy box. The Virtual Variables are still there, they just don’t show up.

Thank you Ron for your answer. I was able to create the variable without checking Legacy. But

1. what should I put in Status Variable and Mapping Variable for my variable ?

2. how do I refer to my VTemperature variable, just by VTemperature name ?

I just tried without value in these 2 fields and it works. So I have no idea the use of these but at least it works.

Thank’s

Correct, those 2 fields are optional. I guess checking Legacy is required if you wish to enter any “On Change” instructions if applicable. Glad you got it worked out.