Source Values for Onkyo Inputs

Things are coming along really well with my remote. Through trial & error I’ve resolved most of my questions and issues. However, I do have a question that I can’t seem to solve.

I’m setting up my remote to be a single page, with options (Roku, TV, etc.) set up in a row on the remote. Basically, it has bindings to the necessary equipment. One of these bindings needs to be to my Onkyo receiver, and I assume to change the input value I’ll select the InputSource value and set it equal to the input I use for that device. How do I get a list of values for the input choices? I assume it would be something like “Game1” instead of “HDMI1” since you can switch the audio/video values for any source.

So again, here’s a summary of my values:
Binding: Txnr818.InputSource
Boolean Operator: = (equals)
Value: <This is what I’m unsure about>

In the documentation it simply says the possible values is an array, and I would assume this would be device dependent. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT:
Okay… searching through the forums I found the following post. Man… so clever and simple!

There are not any static values. It will vary on the AVR manufacturer. The best thing to do is set up a label with

@Device.AudioTrackData.Source (for device browsers)

or perhaps a direct connect as follows

Txnr818.AudioTrackData.Source

I am not sure what Txnr818 represents. If you are dealing with zones then use your zone name e.g.

Main.AudioTrackData.Source

Then manually change the inputs with your AVR’s remote and make note of each input name displayed in the label.

Thanks so much for your reply. My receiver is an Onkyo, and I posted a link to a solution I found in the forums. I tried browsing for a solution in the forums before but must not have put in the right search parameters. I wish I had… I combed the internet for a couple of hours for the values!

Using a label and attaching it to the inputsource worked perfectly. I have everything mapped and running exactly the way I intended. Well… as far as sources go, anyway.

2 Likes