Alexa Voice Service (Fire TV)

Can someone explain me how to exactly add Devices to AlexaVoiceService?

I have gone through the thread:
Alexa Voice Service (AVS) in 3.15.0 - Announcements - The Home Remote Community

But I could not understand how to add a device to AlexaVoiceService.

For example: If I want to start Netflix on my Fire TV, how can I do it?

Note: I have AmazonBasics Fire TV (TV itself has Fire OS built into it).

Type the exact command you would use when speaking to an Amazon Echo or the Alexa app. The only difference is that you don’t have to include "Alexa, " at the start. You can, but that is not needed.

For example, it could be something like this:

“Open Netflix on Fire TV in Living Room”

Again, test your voice commands with an Echo or the Alexa app 1st. If it doesn’t work with an Echo, then it’s not going to work in Home Remote either.

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for the response. And sorry for my late revert.

I think I need to explain it with visuals.

This is my Remote design (Still in drafting stage… many more devices to be added).
Remote-Main Screen

Let me focus on 2 buttons.

1. On in TV box
  2. NetFlix

The triggers of both these buttons are created exactly same way. But one works fine another doesn’t.

This is the Event Trigger for On button.

This is the Event Trigger for NetFlix button.

When I click ‘On’ button, it works perfectly fine.

But when I click NetFlix button, the echo responses that I need to setup TV and Video on Alexa App.

Unfortunately, I can’t upload video / audio here. But let me type the exact phrase Alexa responses when I click on NetFlix button:

“To control a video device with your voice, you need to connect it first. In the Alexa App, go to Settings; and then TV and Video to get started.”

Will be very helpful if someone can help resolving this situation.

Thakker… what happens when you stand in front of an Echo and say “Alexa, Open Netflix on TV”… ?
I suspect its that this scene doesn’t exist in your Alexa setup…

Hi Bill.
Sorry. I am not been able to spend good time on this subject due to my regular responsibilities.

This issue is resolved now. I needed to add the Alexa Home Remote in Device in Alexa app. After that it is working.

Boa tarde
Sou novo aqui e desde já agradeço.
Eu consigo normalmente executar uma rotina pelo botão do microfone. Porém pela linha de comando não consigo.
Insiro o mesmo nome da rotina que criei porém não executa, dá um erro.
Alguém consegue me ajudar?