Android app no longer in app management AND play store - link broken

My Realme android phone. Android 12. Home remote Pro 4.5.1.0.
First thing i noticed is I can’t open Home remote by clicking on a hrp attachment. Went into the phone app management and Home Remote is no longer listed to manage. The existing hrp works but is out of date and I wanted to use an update I had emailed to the phone.

Tried Play store - the Home Remote app does not appear any more in standard or pro form.

I have a lot invested in this app and really need to get this sorted. Also have set up and am rolling out heating control in our local church - not being able to get the app will be a major problem.

This topic is also similar to topic Pro version not listed in app store

2 Likes

Update. A partial fix but no idea how… Have rebooted the phone 2 or 3 times and now Home Remote has suddenly re-appeared in the app management list. Still don’t want to uninstall as I can no longer install it from Play store but that meant I could clear defaults

Hello you know about this issue is very serious, I don’t see any updates will it end as irule?

Hi. I’m not sure I understand.

The app is still not available in google play store but rebooting and updating my phone meant it re-appeared in app management.

The app apk is available on apkpure.com but this isn’t optional for non technical folk to install.

There hasn’t been an update for a long time, maybe that’s why HomeRemote is no longer available in the PlayStore.
With iRule it was different - the iRule editor was cloud based and the service was simply shut down (well, after 2 years or so) and there was no way to make changes to the configuration. THR will continue to work without updates as long as you don’t delete it from your Android device.
The mobile app is still available for iOS and Windows.

Thanks. I do hope it will re appear on google before too long. I have downloaded a copy just in case from apkpure. (Didn’t check if that was the pro version though.)

My ongoing problem is that I have implemented a ‘heating booking’ system on home remote for the local church hall Honeywell heating as a side function of my home system. Periodically new non techy users are added and trying to get them to isntall a non playstore app is a nightmare! The only saving grace is that being non techy - most of them have apple devices and the app is still on apple store.

The apk file is not the pro version (it has the blue bar at the bottom)

Hello, on Android there is also a problem after the updates of the Android operating system the applications stop working, on iOS the same thing will also happen after they download the app from the store and there is no way to install it, I see that this application is I was left without support and without updates, it’s a shame that the manufacturer was not able to announce anything, at least in Irule they gave times to migrate and informed people what was happening

The learning curve of this software was not easy and when I think I was more or less mastering it and enjoying it, I see that it is going to end, sad news, what options are there on the market?

I have downloaded the app from IoS store into a very new Iphone (no idea what version of OS it is running). That all worked fine.

The only real issue I ran into during Android updates was losing the ability to launch android apps from within THR because of the security changes in Android. I just stopped doing it that way - bit frustrating but not a show stopper for me.

I imagine getting the android apk from apkpure will also be fine though it is the free version - not the pro one… I have put 100s of hours of work into Home Remote as a front end to a Node Red based home automation system and think it is brilliant. It does need persistence though but I don’t know of a better way at the moment. I have yet to find something it can’t do though I use NOde red as the real engine - THR is just a nice shiny front end to NR and communicates to NR using MQTT.