Broadlink Support

I use my broadlink RM4 to connect to most of my RF devices around my house like my projector screen and light switches. It seems to be the only affordable RF hub out right now. Please add this feature.

Hi Bill. It would be very interesting to have support for the BroadLink IR / RF controller. I’ll be looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi Bill,
Are you analyzing this possibility?

I have. This one is actually going to be a hard one to implement. They don’t have a public API & I haven’t really been able to find any good examples on the web. For everything I’ve found, the IR commands have to be retaught pretty much. There’s no way to download your configuration from the hub itself. All of your IR codes, I believe, are only saved in the Broadlink cloud which you can only access with their apps. For IR control I’m going to have to recommend users find an alternative like Global Cache or Logitech Harmony. Both of those products are supported. If there are some other IR products out there that you want to look into I am open to suggestions.

Bill, if the problem is to teach the commands again, I think it’s worth it. Mainly because the RF commands, are only available on Broadlink RMpro and another RF HUb (Tuya platform)

Yeah, I’m not crossing this off entirely.

1 Like

Tuya alternative:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4001105306183.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.60fa10d2oh4ZuY

Tuya IR & RF components are not supported either. Some Tuya products are compatible, but that definitely is not.

Hi Bill, Is there still a possibility to support the RM4 broadlink transmitter?

I bought a bunch of Broadlink stuff last week on Prime day. I got the RM4 Pro, a smart plug, & a couple light bulbs. I plan to start work on that sometime next month.

Great news! I think that Broadlink RM support will help a lot of people

But if you could control the tuya IR transmitters, it would be even better