DoorBird Integration

Version 3.11.0 adds a new DoorBird integration.

Features

Here’s a list of everything it supports:

• Viewing the live camera video stream
  • Viewing the event history (both doorbell & motion)
  • Control of night-vision
  • Control of all relays
  • Monitoring live doorbell pressed events
  • Monitoring live motion sensor events

Setup

It is strongly recommended that you create a new account for the Home Remote. Don’t use the admin & device accounts that came with your camera. Assign these 4 permissions to your new account.

1. Watch always
  2. History
  3. Motion
  4. Relay 1

None of the permissions are mandatory but you will need these 4 in order to access all of the supported features. Don’t check “API-Operator”. We don’t need it or use it.

Example

Attached is an example designed for an iPad. The backer for this integration really wanted the DoorBird page to open when the doorbell is pressed. This includes a preconfigured Scene that will do just that. Please note though, the Home Remote does not run in the background so this Scene will not execute if the app isn’t open.

DoorBird_Example.hrp (107.3 KB)

1 Like

Hello there

I would like to use this new feature of Dorrbird support, but it crashes all the time when I click on the video tile.
The light and the switch are working well, but i cant get the detail click working
Actualy the videostream is working also, while in tile view…i mean not clicked for details…
Can you give me some hints where could be the problem coming from?
I am using everything like you have in your example…

The strange is, that in another device browser i am using this same camera through IP call, and there its working.

I would really like to utilize the possibility that on button push the camera just comes up in detailed view…

May I ask

for some help?

Verify your connection is good & that information you added is correct. Right-click the DoorBird device & select “Open”. Review & update your options then click “OK”. This will attempt to connect & show you any errors.

It does look like if you have a camera that is not connected or does not have valid parameters that it will crash Designer. That is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. The fact that it is crashing though does indicate that you’ve filled in at least 1 bad DoorBird setting. That is why I want you to verify the connection using that dialog.

Hi,
I did what you said… No errors popped up.
The door-relay, the light work fine…even the camera when I use it as IP camera can be clicked.

Hi,

Does this also give an audible tone? ie rings?

Cheers,
Matt