Fibaro automated HR setup

Hi Bill

We are installing Fibaro systems in houses, so for me is essential to be able to create dahsboards as quickly as possible. We can’t spend days in the customre’s houses just for playing with dashboards.
Its very cost ineffective.
So in general a customer with a larger system has more than 200 devices in their home. Sometimes more than 300,400.
That measn for me that I need to rewrite all these devices names, select the corresponding tiles to them,
etc.
This is so time consuming that i stopped to work with it. However if there would be some mechanism, that allowes me to define in some settings file or somewhere, what would be the default Tile for each device type, then when I am pulling in Fibaro devices, it would set their tiles correspondingly…

EX
Device Types Default Tiles
Switch MySwitchTile.xaml
Light MyLightTile.xaml
etc

And also, a big problem is the naming. In case of fibaro HR pulls the room names and put them together with device names. These complex names become very long, so we need to go one by one and rename them somehow to let them fit into little tiles.
If you could separately pull room names into some property of the device, and we can catch these names like @Device.RoomName that would be very good, so we could link these names into some labels, and kinda split into two labels the naming of the device.

EX
Livingroom
Main light

All these things would reallyn help a lot in our work, and would meant ofcourse new customers for you, as we always buy HR license when we install Fibaro and a Dashboard is needed.

If my approach is unsolvable, i am opened to any help that can speed up a little bit the integration of Fibaro devices. (and devices in general)

Why not just replace the default SwitchTile.xaml file with your MySwitchTile.xaml? You can overwrite the pre-built template files with your own. Then you don’t have to worry about updating the template properties on new device objects.

Would it be better if Home Remote just ignored the room name & didn’t use it all? Would that be better than what it currently does?

1. Yes you right, i can replace them. I will do that. It also helps.
  2. The name are good that they are in there, but they should come separately. I need to access them, and use them in labels. I saw some similar toipcs too.
    https://community.thehomeremote.com/t/long-device-names-and-tiles-what-to-do/826

Sorry, but I’m not sure you really answered my 2nd question.

Would it be better if Home Remote just ignored the room name & didn’t use it all? Would that be better than what it currently does?

Yes, a 2nd property would be nice but let’s take that off the table for now.

The answer for me is Yes, but maybe some people would rather have them.
For me if I had to choose whether to have them like HR does currently, or not have them at all, i would go for then second option. Not have them in names, like HR does currently is better for me.