Help creating text box to send text to Kodi

This project is a port of John Wallace’s Kodi Plugin (GridView) and some help from other older Kodi plug ins

Here is the current Kodi Phone Plugin
Kodi Remote 2-9-23.hrp (1.9 MB)

I am trying to make a page that can link to either a plugin keyboard or android keyboard that can send a text string to a Kodi media center.I found the keyboard from the MCE remote plugin, both keyboards the MCE & android keyboard are easy to get working. My issue is Kodi can only except a complete text string and does not except individual keystokes, if it accepted keystokes, the MCE keyboard would work awesome.

This is the command cand send a text string:

“SendText”:’{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“Input.SendText”,“params”:{“text”:“MyTextHere”,“done”:false},“id”:1}’,

Currently it is working and sends MyTextHere, I know MyTextHere needs to be changed in the statement to be a variable. Not sure how to format statement to make MyTextHere a variable.

The problem and total confusion after to much reading is the forums says my MyTextHere variable should be defined as a virtual device that temporarily stores the text, then the above command sends it.

Also not sure if the virtual device requires a text box or a multi binding text box. Seems like either should work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, at this point I’m more confused then when I started.

Current Changes
Fixed
Info

Buttons Added & Working
XX second StepFoward & Stepback
PG UP/PG Down
Next/Pevious Episode
GUIDE
Audio Language Selector
OSD
Search Movies Seren
Search Shows Seren
WOL - from PanasonicTV plugin

Todo
Keyboard
Fix Percentage Slider
Fix Playlist music populating
Bind Seren to Movie & TV buttons
Fix Power Buttons - Page browser issue
Channel Group Selector Buttons
Favorite Channel List
Add Perecentage slider to Main
Select needs to be Enter

I have a bunch more functionality to add, everything should be straight foward, the keyboard input has got me completely confused.