Honeywell Evohome API outside US

Hello,

Anyone using Honeywell Evohome outside US? I cannot hook my Honeywell because the login brings me to the US User database. Is there a workaround?

Thank you in advance

I believe the current integration will only work with US thermostats. Sorry, there isn’t any workaround. From what I’ve heard, the EvoHome & TCC APIs are very similar but just use different URLs. The problem is that those URLs need a new set of OAuth keys. Only the Honeywell/Resideo staff can generate those keys for me. I did ask a couple years ago but nothing really came of it. I didn’t press too hard because most use cases were here in the US. I can try reaching out to them again.

I thought I heard a little while back that there may be plans to merge the 2. The information was secondhand so I can’t say if there was any truth to that. Not too long ago we had to change the URLs in the app from tccna.honeywell.com to mytotalconnectcomfort.com I was hoping the change to mytotalconnectcomfort.com was the merger of the 2 services, but I guess not.

Thanks for the clear reply!
Unfortunately I switched to Honeywell ( I live in Holland) because my old thermostat wasn’t on the compatibility list. I really hope for this functionality in the future. Someone in Holland was already digging around.

Just out of curiosity, what is the model of your thermostat? I thought most new products like the T series of thermostats are all compatible with the Honeywell Home app. Honeywell Home products I believe share the same app.
https://heatingcontrols.honeywellhome.com/products/Connected-Thermostats/Wired-Connected-Thermostats/T6-7-day-Wired-Programmable-Thermostat/

Even the Honeywell Home app in Google Play states it supports the T5 & T6 thermostats in both the US & Europe.

It is the ATC928G2000 Evohome thermostat. It works fine with the Google Home Assistant. When I hook this in the GH app I have the choice using Honeywell TCC or Honeywell TCC Intl.
That last one redirects me to the log on for people outside US.

Hi There,

I’m discovering HomeRemote. So far it works great, I’m willing to use it for my home. All services connect, except for Honeywell outside US - exactly as described in this topic.

My thermostat model is ATC928G3000 Evohome. Would be brilliant if the service could be integrated.

Thanks for all the good work.

Yes, another dutchman here as well. I would love to be able to use the international version. Just replying for support!

I tried to embed a browser with an online session to my thermostat with user and pass embedded. That doesn’t work as well.
Really disappointed because I switched to Honeywell because THR supports it, and I checked here if my model was supported and I got a big yes. And now seems that it’s only for US. So much for my iPad on the wall for all my appliances…

T 5 and 6 types are not multi zone supported.

This is still on my radar. I will tackle it at some point. There are just a number of other things on my to-do list that are higher in priority.

Is this by any chance something you & possibly a few others would be willing to pay for?

In the past I have moved things up when there’s a financial incentive.

Thanks for the info. I will assemble others in the Dutch evohome community who wants this and wants to pay as well.

Hi from Belgium !

So I’m also trying to get it working without success.
I hope there’s a solution out there…

I tried an TCC merge with US database today with a us account I made. Unfortunately at the end the MAC address from the gateway is not valid.

Or we must bundle together and pay for the solution.

@bill what will the cost be approximately?

Let me email my contact at Honeywell to see if this is even allowed. What I don’t want is to have them block the current access they’ve given me because I used a “backdoor” here.

My other concern is that the link you shared is for a standard single thermostat. It doesn’t include info on how to control a multi-zone system like you have. It’s possible they just give each zone its own “deviceId” but we don’t know that for sure.

1 Like

I know this is a work around and not a solution to the problem, but what about using Amazon Alexa and its API to reach Evohome?
Of course, one would need an echo or something like that.

What do you think?

Sources:
Honeywell >< Amazon Alexa: https://getconnected.honeywellhome.com/en/works-with-honeywell
Alexa Smart Home Skill API: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/smarthome/understand-the-smart-home-skill-api.html

The Home Remote does have Alexa support but you can only send voice commands. Amazon doesn’t let you access 3rd party skills directly. We can’t pull information from the Evohome Alexa skill. But yes, you could add a button in the Home Remote app to open Alexa & tell her what you want to do. That might be good enough for some but I doubt that’ll satisfy the needs of everyone.

Ok. Thx. Idd the link I sent doesn’t seem to do it for this case. I will wait for your response

This week I did hear back from Honeywell & they’ve given me the green light along with some docs to control multi zone thermostats like Evohome. I will need one to connect with for development.

Which one of you would like to volunteer access to their thermostat? :slight_smile:

I don’t have time to work on it right now but in a week or so I should. What I can do though is at least verify the OAuth keys they’ve given me are good. That way, if there’s an issue, I can let Honeywell know now while I’ve still got their attention.

What do you need from me for this? I have a 8 zone, 10 thermo stat system