Today’s 3.1.0 release introduces an official Hubitat integration. This integration will connect both locally & through the cloud using the Maker API. If you choose to enable both, it’ll prefer the local connection over the cloud connection & use that when available.
All of the fields the Home Remote app needs from you can be found on the Maker API setup page. What’s on that page should match what you give the Home Remote. The page doesn’t list them all specifically as some are embedded in the URLS. For example, let’s look at the screenshots from the Hubitat docs. For that particular install we can see that the ‘App Id’ is 37 & the ‘Access Token’ is that long string of characters at the end beginning with ‘073e93…’. The ‘Hub Id’ will be in the Cloud URLS section. It’s the value sandwiched between
/apps/. There isn’t a checkbox to enable local access in the Home Remote. To enable local access, just supply an IP address. Leave the IP address blank if you’d like to disable local access.
The integration includes access to all of the devices you’ve authorized on the Maker API setup page. It also includes access to your location’s Mode. When you sync your devices you’ll notice a “Mode” device automatically generated as well.
Any comments are questions, please let me know!
Here’s a link to Hubitat’s Maker API Install instructions.
Installing Maker API
- From the Hubitat Web Interface select Apps
- Choose Maker API from the list of Hubitat Elevation® Built-In Apps.
- You can enable Logging if you want to see detailed information in the logs. Remember to open up logs in another tab.
- Select the devices you want to authorize for this API. NOTE : Only the devices you select will be accessible via the endpoints.
- Select Update
- Next, you will see URLs to get you started. Each endpoint URL is made up of the following segments: http:// [hub ip address] /apps/api/[app id] /[endpoint path ?access_token=[access_token]
- NOTE : Your access token is an Authorization Token, similar to a username and password. Anyone with this token can access these endpoints. To reset your access token, you will need to remove and re-add the Maker API app.