Problem with Danfoss living connect radiator valves

Hello,
I have various Danfoss thermostatic valves managed through a VERA controller. I have access to them without problems but, when I try to change the temperature set point, it changes momentarily but after a short time it reverts to the previous value.
Looking at it in the VERA variables, I have found that there are two variables: “CurrentSetpoint” and “SetpointTarget”. I understand that this is due to long refresh interval of the Danfoss valve (around 15 minutes). The problem is that through HomeRemote I have access only to CurrentSetpoint, and not to SetpointTarget. ¿Have somebody a suggestion?
Thanks

Is this a Vera plugin? I would contact the owner of this plugin to see why they don’t immediately update the current setpoint after successfully setting a new setpoint. I completely understand their polling limitations because that’s a similar problem I face with some integrations I develop. For my integrations though, if I send a request & know that it completed successfully, I update the state immediately rather than having to wait for the next polling cycle.

@bill

If he’s talking about those variables in Vera it’s not a plugin.

Just different variables available on that device type in Vera.

CurrentSetPoint is just that the Current Set Point.

Setpoint Target is the variable used for setting the target / set point ?

I’m not totally sure TBH, I don’t have any TRVs.

However looking on my central heating Thermostat (Battery operated Z-Wave one) I see something similar.

If in Home Remote Android app, I change the Thermostat from what it’s on currently 10 to 15 by pressing the up arrow, in the Home Remote GUI it does briefly change to 15, however it then changes back to 10 again.

If I then wait for the wake up interval to expire on my Thermostat, several minutes in my case, then the Home Remote app GUI changes from 10 and goes to 15.

And my Thermostat has actually changed to 15 at this point.

In reverse…

Then if in the Home Remote app I change it from 15 back down to 10 using the down arrow, it remains on 10 briefly and then changes back to 15.

Again if I wait for my Thermostat to wake up and accept the new set point command. Then it changes to 10 and now Home Remote app is also showing as 10.

It’s a little confusing from the point of view of looking at the GUI.

And if the wake up interval is much longer like 15 minutes then you might just think it hasn’t worked.

But if the OP waits for those 15 minutes he will probably see that the TVRs set point does change to the correct new value and then the Home Remote GUI will then also show that correct new value.

@APPA can you confirm?

Can you guys check the sdata after changing a setpoint?

Is the latest target anywhere in the sdata?

If there’s a better field to read I’m certainly open to changing this. I’m just not sure the target is anywhere in that data, it could be though.

http://192.168.1.148:3480/data_request?id=lu_sdata

Looking in the SDATA as is (Thermostat set to 10 now) and I haven’t tried to change the set point, I see the following.

Just need to work out what I am looking for when I do change the setpoint in the Home Remote app, as the SDATA output is massive.

I’m searching for the keyword “setpoint”

['Thermostat_SetPoint','189','urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1','CurrentSetpoint']]"
{name = 'Thermostat_SetPoint', state = '10%2E00', seq = 1604529096.9869, oseq = 1604529096.8462}
{ "name": "Thermostat", "altid": "57", "id": 189, "category": 5, "subcategory": 2, "room": 8, "parent": 1, "mode": "HeatOn", "commands": "heater_setpoint", "configured": "1", "batterylevel": "42", "commFailure": "0", "setpoint": "10.00", "heat": "10.00", "cool": "10.00", "temperature": "19.20", "state": -1, "comment": "" }

And these are all the variable fields for my Thermostat device in Vera:

VariablesSet
1-variable 1,1d,255,2-variable 2,1d,1,3-variable 3,1d,10

Commands
heater_setpoint

ModeStatus
HeatOn

ManufacturerInfo

Capabilities
18,150,0,1,8,0,B,|49:1,67,112,114,128,132:2,133,134,

ModeSetting
1:;2:H,10.0;3:H,10.0;4:H,10.0

Configured

WakeupInterval

LastUpdate

NodeInfo

SetPointInfo
H1,

ConfiguredWakeupInterval

ConfiguredAssoc

VariablesGet

ConfiguredVariable
1-variable 1,1d,255,2-variable 2,1d,1,3-variable 3,1d,10

FirstConfigured

PollSettings

VersionInfo

Neighbors

LastReset

AssociationNum

CurrentTemperature

TemperatureScale

CurrentSetpoint

CurrentSetpoint Heat

AllSetpoints

BatteryDate

BatteryLevel

PollOk

PollRatings

LastPollSuccess

ConsecutivePollFails

LastNnu

LastRouteUpdate

LastArr

WakeupRatings

AssociationSet

AssociationGet
2,190,;

FirmwareInfo

MultiChEndpoint

MultiChCapabilities

ConfiguredName

MeterType

MeterScale

SensorMlType

SensorBiType

SensorMlScale

SubscribedAlarms

SetpointTarget

Target

LoadLevelTarget

PollNoReply

CommFailure

CommFailureTime

LastWakeup

CommFailureAlarm

sl_BatteryAlarm

NewCurrentSetpointC

NewCurrentSetpointF

Range
0,0/0,0;0,0/0,0;5,30/41,86

AutoConfigure

Can you change the setpoint & then look at the sdata?

That’s really what we are trying to find. Is there a field in there that has this value.

I may be getting this wrong, but I can’t see a variable in the SDATA that has the requested future setpoint value.

I can see a variable with the current setpoint value only I think.

{ "name": "Thermostat", "altid": "57", "id": 189, "category": 5, "subcategory": 2, "room": 8, "parent": 1, "mode": "HeatOn", "commands": "heater_setpoint", "configured": "1", "batterylevel": "42", "commFailure": "0", "temperature": "19.20", "setpoint": "10.00", "heat": "10.00", "cool": "10.00", "state": 2, "comment": "Thermostat: Waiting for wakeup to send commands" }

It says

"setpoint": "10.00"

After I have changed it to 15 in the Home Remote app already.

Which is why the Home Remote app upon its re-read changes it back to 10 quickly.

When the thermostat wakes up and actually does change to 15, then setpoint variable will be 15 and therefore the Home Remote app changes to 15.

Bit of a chicken and egg deal.

These are variables on the device, however I don’t seem them in the SDATA.

I’m kind of torn with how to handle this. Based on what you guys are seeing, it sounds like the Home Remote should just ignore setpoint sdata values for 15 minutes. A lot can happen in 15 minutes. It could have since been changed by another actor.

I will have to do some more testing and changing the set point but looking actually at the Variables in Vera to see what changes ?

Perhaps it works but that variable is just not presented in SDATA for some reason…

I see it its SetPointTarget as the OP said, I changed the setpoint in the HR app from 15 to 9.

I can see in Vera its 9.

But I don’t think this is shown in the SDATA.

What happens in the official Vera app when you change the setpoint from the Home Remote?

Keep the 2 open side-by-side.

OK I changed the setpoint from 9 to 20 in the Vera mobile app.

I can see that change on the device in the Vera web GUI on my laptop

I cannot find after a search “SetPointTarget” in the SDATA after I refreshed the browser.

I heard my boiler fire up and then I looked at the HR app and it nowsays 20 degrees. But until that happed it remained on 9 degrees.

I think we need to ask Vera why SetPointTarget is not in SDATA maybe ?

What happens in the official Vera app when you change the setpoint from the Home Remote?

Keep the 2 open side-by-side.

Kind of the opposite of what you just did. How long does it take for them to show the change that the Home Remote made.

Don’t search for a specific name because we don’t know what it’s actually named. Search for 20 instead.

There are like 900 of them LOL

Well search for your device name. You probably only have 1 device with this thermostat name. That’ll get you very close to the general location.

In HR I changed the thermostat from 10 to 17 and in the Vera mobile app it says 10 still and a banner says “Sending the Z-Wave command after 0 retries” and I have a spinning circle.

Maybe its waiting for the thermostat to wake up.

That’s kind of what I expected. They are probably monitoring the same field as Home Remote but they override that when you make a change in their app. They’re probably doing what I proposed, have the Home Remote app ignore the value in sdata for 15 minutes after making a change. Once that expires, then revert back to reading the sdata value.

The Vera app seems to have fallen on its arse, its crap why I not used it in 10 years.

HR now say 17

Vera app say 10 still and a spinning circle.

Vera web GUI say 17 OK.

Rebooting my phone now.

I will have to test that last step again give me a moment.