REST API to control the app

It could be very useful.

I have used ImperiHome for many years and there are some features there that I now miss on Home Remote. This is what my wish list looks like:

1. I want to be able to send a command to HR that turns off the display (makes it black) during the night and then wake it up again in the morning.
    This is how I did in ImperiHome
    http://192.168.1.16:8081/api/rest/dashboard/sleep
    http://192.168.1.16:8081/api/rest/dashboard/wakeup

2. I want to be able to enable automatic page switching.
    Very practical as you have a tablet as an information board and you want to display information automatically from several pages.
    The page switching time must be configured in seconds.

3. To be able to switch sides by swiping your finger across the screen.
    A very fast and easy method to browse between several pages.
    Selecting a page from the menu works, but is not as convenient.

Page swipe is already implemented.

1. The ability to turn the display on & off is not currently supported.

2. Automatic page switching is possible through Scenes. Any variable can trigger a page change. Here’s the example I shared earlier when MQTT automatically changes the page.
    MqttClient_NoSlash.hrp (8.1 KB)

3. As John, said, Page swiping is already implemented. When you use the built-in “Groups” feature your pages are automatically swipeable. If you are building custom navigation, you can use TabbedPages. Those are also swipeable.

Bill and John, thanks for the info. I had read about Tabbed Pages in the documentation but I did not understand that it meant that the page became sweepable. English is unfortunately not my natural language :frowning:

Turning off the display and dimming disturbing lights at night can be done by covering the monitor with a black background. But it should be done by sending a command to HR.

As John, said, Page swiping is already implemented. When you use the built-in “Groups” feature your pages are automatically swipeable. If you are building custom navigation, you can use TabbedPages. Those are also swipeable.

You say that Page swiping is already implemented, but unfortunately I can not make it work.

I can create groups that can be swiped, and I can place units in the groups, but that’s not how I want it.
I want to be able to swipe between my xaml pages such as Weather, Big_clock, Car-Heater and more.
I also do not succeed in placing the pages in a group to make them sweepable.

I have read lots of posts, but I can not find any example of how to do this.
Can someone push me in the right direction.

You can also use a custom TabbedPage with TabBarPlacement set to Top

You can also use a custom TabbedPage with TabBarPlacement set to Top

Does this mean that it is not possible to sweep pages with group?

I’ll try with TabbedPage, but I do not want the Tabbed tabs visible.
I want to be able to use the entire surface, so can I hide the Tab tabs?

You don’t have to use Groups to create swipeable page. Your TabbedPage can have anything you want.

At this time, you’ll have to set the TabBarPlacement to Top. You can’t hide those tabs. Submit a feature request for a 3rd option in that dropdown, TabBarPlacement None.