Vera Generic IO sensors not supported?

Hi

I have two Generic IO sensors I created on Vera to monitor my servers CPU Total % and Mem Used %.

The data for these Vera sensors is pushed from Node-Red using an InFluxDB.

This is how the sensors look in the Vera web GUI.

This is how they look in The Home Remote, “Unknown”.

The sensors as imported in the designer:

These are the details of these Generic IO sensors in Vera:

Device_Type = urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:GenericSensor:1
Device_File = D_GenericSensor1.xml
Device_JSON = D_GenericSensor1.json
Category_Num = 4
Subcategory_Num = 0

The variable “CurrentLevel” is the one that holds the “Level” or the current % value.

Thanks

Anything that is in the sdata can be monitored. Open the URL below in your web browser & find the device in the JSON. Any of those device JSON fields can be monitored by adding it to the Attributes in the Designer’s Device Properties. I have no idea what fields this sensor of yours has available but here is a screenshot of what you’d do if the sensor has a field named “currentlevel” in the sdata.

http://VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=sdata

This is what I see in the web browser:

{ "name": "WHS CPU Total %", "altid": "", "id": 509, "category": 4, "subcategory": 0, "room": 8, "parent": 0, "armed": "0", "armedtripped": "0", "configured": "0", "light": "32.4" }, 
{ "name": "WHS Mem Used %", "altid": "", "id": 508, "category": 4, "subcategory": 0, "room": 8, "parent": 0, "armed": "0", "armedtripped": "0", "configured": "0", "light": "40.9" }, 

Appears to be “light” not “currentlevel”

No idea why.

If I add “light” in to the attributes field, I’m still not seeing the values.

I’m guessing “light” is your CurrentLevel. So add “light” to the Attributes for the Device object. You can then access this in your pages by using @Device.light or WhsMemUsed.light

Bill

I’ve added light in to the attribute field but its still showing as Unknown.

Did you update your ContactSensorTile.xaml file?

You will need to update the Label in that control so it references the new “light” attribute you added.

If it were me, I’d probably copy & paste that file to create a new tile for your CPU sensor. Then update the TileTemplate for the Device object so it points to your new file.

OK I copied the ContactSensorTile.xaml and created another, changed the binding of the label to be {Binding @Device.light} and now they are showing the values !

Thanks

I’ve got another problem Vera Generic IO device, this one hasn’t been imported in to Home Remote at all, I don’t see it in the list of devices.

Its a Seismometer device, which is a child device of a Fibaro 4in1 motion sensor device.

This is what I see in SDATA again its “light”.

{ "name": "Kitchen Seismometer", "altid": "m25", "id": 417, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 2, "parent": 413, "light": "0.0", "configured": "0" }

Its not really a Contact Sensor, but I copied one of the device from earlier in this thread and made a new device in Home Remote

I was then able to assign this new device to my Group page.

Gave the motion sensor a shake and it working now in Home Remote.

Security sensors (category=4) are automatically synced. Generic sensors (category=12) are not. Most security sensors can use the Home Remote’s standard templates, without requiring any special modifications.

There aren’t any prebuilt templates that work with Generic sensors. You have to design your own. That’s why they are not automatically synced. Generic sensors are a bit of an unknown. Your generic sensor has a “light” field but we cannot assume that all will have this field.