Integration request: Home Assistant support

oh sorry, indeed you previously said you’d “wait to update that until all of the apps have been updated”, my bad!

Thanks for the effort!

Designer version 3.19.1.0 with Home Assistant support is available for download at thehomeremote.com

Unfortunately I cannot add a Home Assistant device in the Designer (iOS app is fine). As can be seen in the screenshot I don’t get a window to add an URL and the the Home Assistant window stays empty. I can open the Home Assistant server in a webbrowser on the same computer without problems.

The UWP WebView control seems fine. See second screenshot were I try it in the Home Remote Windows 10 app on the same computer. I can also add Home Assistant with the Windows 10 app on the same computer (screenshot 3).

WebBrowser_Test.hrp (7.1 KB)

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. When I add HA I get this “empty” window with no options being displayed at all

What version/build of Windows 10 are you guys running? I just looked at the prerequisites for this control & it needs Build 17110 or newer.

The build number can be found on the System -> About page.

Here’s a screenshot of mine. You can see I have build 19042.

I’m part of the insiders preview program so I’m on 21301

I’m not sure why it’s not working on that build. I know the Home Assistant login does not work in IE so I had to upgrade the Designer’s web view control to this new one “WebViewCompatible”. That’s supposed to use the Microsoft Edge rendering engine on build 17110 or newer. It sounds like it’s still trying to use IE on your machine. I might have to come up with another way to authenticate.

Wouldn’t it be easier to simply copy paste the access token and URL?

For now I’ve worked around it by adding HA as a source on the android app and save a backup. Then I’ve created an empty project on the Designer and saved, opened with 7zip and replaced the Devices and Groups files with the ones from the android app backup :smiley:

Do you need mean authorization code? If so, then yes, that is a possibility. That web login URL returns an authorization code, not the token. With that code we get the access token, refresh token, & expire time. But that doesn’t come from the login page. Give me a little bit here to sort this through. I’m just trying to keep this as straight forward as possible.

Designer version 3.19.1.1 was just posted. Whenever you guys get the chance, can you please download the update & let me know if this fixes your issue.

Tried 3.19.1.1 but unfortunately still not working.

Computer that doesn’t work is OS-build 19041.804.

I have another computer that can add HA devices just fine. This one has build 19041.572

Are these x86 or x64 machines?

Both computers are x64

same here I’m afraid

Don’t know if it is useful, but I decided to run the Designer with administrative rights and got the following errors:

I’m working on upgrading the Designer to use the new WebView2 runtime. This should be a bit more reliable. I expect to have this complete in about 30 minutes or so. I’ll keep you posted.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/

Designer version 3.19.2.0 has just been uploaded. Can you guys download the update & let me know if this works?

Problem solved. Works fine now with the 3.19.2 update.

1 Like